╔THIRTY╗

The silence between them was malignant.

Small creaks of Jungkook switching his stances continuously on the seat, searching for a cozy position, were heard. He watched straight to the road before him, playing with the hem of his white shirt and chomping on his inner cheek uncomfortably, still waiting for a reply from Taehyung.

Jungkook swiveled his head around and found Taehyung with a blank look on his face. His left hand was controlling the steering wheel while his right hand was out of the window, the gun still in his hand.

Jungkook inhaled a deep breath, leaning back against the head of the seat, and closed his eyes. Cold air entered the car, ruffling Jungkook's hair but also soothing his tensed body. The road was empty, and upon opening his eyes, Jungkook saw only trees outside and bushes.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook broke the thick tension lingering in the air. "My mansion," Taehyung said, not bothering to look over Jungkook and keeping focusing on the road.

An awkward silence broke between the two, making Jungkook scratch his arm uneasily and look around the window as well.

"I'm not divorcing you." Taehyung suddenly said, making Jungkook frown and look at him weirded out.

"Why not..." Jungkook broke into a small voice, tears threatening to fall from his eyes, and he bucked his head down.

Taehyung inhaled a deep breath. "I forced you to marry me, Jungkook. What makes you think I'll divorce you then?" Taehyung exhaled deeply, tapping on the steering wheel, impatiently waiting for Jungkook's answer.

"Because I don't want it... I'm tired, and I can't live like this anymore. You lied to me once again and betrayed my trust. How can I be with you?" Jungkook smothered him, crying into his palms.

Taehyung hummed. "I had my own reason to lie to you," Taehyung answered, scratching his head with the tip of the gun and focusing on the road, dropping his arm back out of the window.

"After four years, I got the chance to make you mine once again. And there's no way I would have gotten closer to you by telling the truth about how I turned worse now." Taehyung continued, swiftly moving the steering wheel and gradually turning the car to the left.

"Then you should have given up on me instead of playing with my trust once again—god, you even killed Ky when we had already broken up! Yet, yet you..." Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut, recalling all the blood and Ky's deceased body lying on the bed. Jungkook felt sick only by that.

"He deserved to die," Taehyung said bluntly, and Jungkook sobbed louder. "No, he didn't! But you certainly do. You're somebody who is worth being shot in the streets by the police!" Jungkook snapped, his breaths were uneven.

"Oh, so you want me to die?" Taehyung asked and then sighed when he earned a hum from Jungkook.

"You killed my parents! You took my happiness and freedom away! You tried to kill me! You killed Ky, and you're an organ and human trafficker! You do fucking deserve it, Taehyung. You deserve to die the way you killed those victims, whose organs you sold to who knows who!" Jungkook cried louder and more painfully; his unstable breaths were sorrowfully loud.

"It's not about how many people I killed, doll, it's about us. I love you, and that's it. Whether you want it or not, we're husbands, and you are not going away from me once again." Taehyung gritted out angrily, his gaze darkening as he glared at Jungkook.

"You manipulated me to kill my father. You fucking got into a relationship even after having a husband alive and yearning for you. You fucking cheated on me and also on Ky. And I'm assuming you were the one who caused those injuries to Ryan's head, hmm? And, did I mention at least I fucking don't lie to people that I'm single while having a husband?!" Taehyung snapped furiously, veins popping out of his neck as he focused back on the road, gnawing his teeth, and muttered some curses under his breath.

Jungkook forgot how to breathe properly for a few seconds, completely taken back by Taehyung's sudden outburst, which had startled the younger boy more than it should.