╔TWENTY-FOUR╗

Plight invaded Jungkook's mind like a bug, and he had been trying for quite a few hours to ameliorate the pain within his throbbing heart and aching head.

The sight of Ky's deceased body didn't clear out his mind, and Jungkook was pathetically scared. He wanted to go and meet Taehyung, but he fucking didn't know where the black-haired man lived, since it had always been Taehyung who sneaked into his house.

Jungkook's legs had given up long ago; he was sitting on a bench in the park with unstable breaths. He knew being here could be perilous, but Jungkook didn't have even the energy to walk away from here. Every single muscle of his body was thumping in pain, and he was drenched in sweat too. Perspiration shone onto his temples, somewhat sticking his hair over his forehead as well.

The stiff and cold breeze of the wind in December felt cool against Jungkook's fatigued physique, and he perked up at the sky. The stars had replenished up along with the full moon, soothing Jungkook's unruly mind down even for a little.

Even though instantly enough, Jungkook sloped his weary eyes close, inhaling deeply, and many unanswered questions seethed into his head, quickening his heartbeats. Jungkook could barely discern the occurrence he had witnessed a few hours ago, and he couldn't believe either Lisa was there when Ky got murdered—with a gun in her hand and that cancer sticking between her lips.

It somehow made Jungkook feel like everything that occurred so far was absolutely a nightmare he was having, and he would inescapably wake up in his warm bed.

There was no way Ky was dead. There was no way Jungkook would believe that. It was impossible for Jungkook to accept that Ky got killed because of his stupidity and because he messed up with Ryan.

Jungkook gulped, tears cornering his eyes, and Jungkook bucked his head down on his lap, an immense pain ripping his heart apart. It must be a dream—a nightmare—because it made sense why Lisa had a gun back then.

But let's be real right now. Jungkook was unnerved. A small part of him kept whispering to his head that the only way to decipher this whole thing was that Jungkook must concede he had lied all along. Although he couldn't tell by whom.

Something didn't just fit right—or maybe it did?

It could be possible Lisa wasn't as fragile as she portrayed herself to be, and that's how she managed to escape from there the other day. And in fact, if the surgeon who killed Ky was Ryan, then Lisa must be there to finish him off.

Unless Lisa worked under Ryan, which Jungkook highly doubted,

It actually made sense. Based on what Jungkook had seen so far, it clearly explained that Lisa, Jennie, and Ryan are in a love triangle. And fuck—now Jungkook was concerned—what if Lisa and Ryan started to work for Taehyung's company because his secretary was Jennie—and holy fuck—it could be possible they were enemies since the beginning and things like attempting to murder each other were normal for them.

Because it clearly made sense that Lisa got kidnapped by Ryan's organization the other day! And it clearly also made sense that both Lisa and Ryan had to maintain this public image, and, oh god, what if Jennie wasn't aware of any of this? What if she didn't know the two of them were fighting over her?

"What are you doing here?" A sweet voice snapped Jungkook out of his thoughts. He fluttered his eyelashes and peeked at the girl before him, who was glistening under the moonlight.

"Jennie!" Jungkook exclaimed, his eyes grew wide, and the girl frowned. "What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked back without answering her question.

"Lisa called me to come here because she wanted to tell me something important," Jennie replied, a frown still plastered on her features. "Now tell me, what are you doing here?" Jennie continued to ask.

Upon hearing that, Jungkook finally broke into tears, startling Jennie, and she took a step backward. "Wait, what's wrong?" She asked, and Jungkook snuffed, letting all of his emotions out through his loud sobs.

Jennie sealed her lips, not exactly knowing what she should say to comfort him, so she just sat down beside him, letting Jungkook know she was there.

"R-Ryan is after me because he wants to kill me." Jungkook smothered out and received an undecipherable gasp from Jennie. "H-he what?!" Jennie squeaked out, her eyes ten-sized.

Jungkook choked into his cries, nodding, and then explained how Lisa was kidnapped because Ryan liked Jennie and then kidnapped Jungkook as well because he was pissed at Taehyung and then killed Ky, and then he also witnessed Lisa with a gun.

"Oh boy, oh, this is fucked up. We should go and meet sir and tell him about it," Jennie said, standing up, and Jungkook shook his head. "No..." He whispered, afraid what if Taehyung returned to what he used to be four years ago and killed Ryan?

"He's your husband, Jungkook.. he must know about this."

"-Hi, Jennie- You're there too, Jungkook?" Lisa's soft voice made him glance at her, and she seemed casual. She was sweet and soft, unlike before when she held a gun. "Sir, and I've been looking for you everywhere, holy fuck. You can't guess how worried Sir was!" She exclaimed with a smile, and Jungkook nodded idly.

"However, Lisa. There's a huge misunderstanding, and Ryan wants to kill Jungkook as well. We must inform Sir about it, even though Jungkook is saying he doesn't want it." Jennie grumbled, and Lisa creased an eyebrow.

Jungkook bit his lip; there was no way Jungkook's theory about the whole thing was wrong. After all, if Lisa was clearly scared of Ryan's mafia, she wouldn't be here right now.

"Ryan wants to do what?!" Lisa finally snapped, her eyes growing wide as she finally comprehended Jennie's words.