╔SEVEN╗

Jungkook mocked the cat video playing on his desktop screen, expressing concern as he watched a cat fall from the railings.

"Are you seriously watching videos instead of working?" The employee next to him scoffed, moving closer to get a better look at the screen.

Jungkook clenched his teeth, muttering incoherent curses under his breath as he remembered his recent conversation with the CEO.

During their conversation, Taehyung had made it clear that Jungkook didn't have to work much and simply sitting there for hours would suffice. But Taehyung hadn't provided any clear instructions on what Jungkook should do in that case.

Jungkook hesitated to ask for help, fearing that it would reflect poorly on him if someone were to ask- "What did you do all this time with the CEO?"

Shaking his head, Jungkook disagreed with himself. While he could easily lie and claim not to understand what the boss had explained, he didn't want to be dishonest.

Jungkook chuckled nervously as he glanced at the man with black hair beside him, who responded with laughter. "Cats are definitely adorable," he said, nodding in agreement. "Personally, I find puppies even cuter." The man shifted his gaze from his screen to show Jungkook a video of two puppies playing in a park, almost causing Jungkook to coo at their cuteness.

"I love puppies too, but there's something about cats that brings me inner peace," Jungkook rambled, refocusing on his own screen and typing something into the YouTube search bar. He tapped his foot on the floor, immersing himself in music.

The man laughed and muttered, "I see." He stared at Jungkook for a moment before asking, "By the way, what's your name?" Jungkook tilted his head and peered at him. "I'm Jeon Jungkook," he replied, pausing his foot tapping and intertwining his fingers on the desk. "And you?"

"Ryan Blake," came his response as he swiftly rose from his seat upon catching sight of the young CEO stepping into the room. Clasping a cup of black coffee with his left hand, while the other remained tucked in his pants pocket- the executive cast a sweeping gaze across the department.

Next to him stood his secretary, holding a clipboard and pen delicately in her hands. Her unwavering smile transformed the weary atmosphere into a more hopeful one, only to be overshadowed by Taehyung's low, monotone voice.

"By now, you should all be aware that tomorrow, five of you, excluding Jennie and myself, will be traveling to Chicago for a week-long meeting," Taehyung stated, sipping his coffee and allowing its bitterness to slide down his throat.

"Sir, we still need to know which of us will be accompanying you and Secretary Kim," a woman interjected, her worried expression evident.

Taehyung paused, considering his response. "You will be coming with us," he began, shifting his gaze to another person. "And you, Blake, Kim, and Manoban," he concluded, glancing at his secretary, who contained her excitement with a nonchalant shrug.

"Excuse me, but that's Jeon, not Kim," Jennie pointed out, observing the man with peach-colored hair who was squinting slightly in his seat. He stared back at them as she spoke. "And you made me mistake his last name too." She took a deep breath, securing the clipboard against her chest.

"But, sir, I'm new here and I don't think I should be the one to go. There are others who deserve this opportunity more," Jungkook stammered, but before he could finish his sentence, Taehyung interjected.

"Kim-"

"-Jeon," both Jennie and Jungkook corrected simultaneously.

Taehyung simply gave them a stern look, then placed his mug on the desk and walked closer to Jungkook, standing in front of him.

"I understand your concerns, but I believe giving you these opportunities will help you improve your work and learn the basics," Taehyung explained, playing with the gold ring on his fourth finger.

"I expect you to comply with my request without further explanations as to why you are unable to join us," Taehyung asserted with a calm yet authoritative tone. This made Jungkook feel apprehensive, causing him to gulp before giving a compliant nod. 

"Understood, sir."