╔TWENTY╗

Loud breaths echoed into the living room of the house, getting stirred by the sounds of loud cries.

Jungkook gulped nervously.

The couple was back in California, and here Jungkook was. He had already told Jungkook he wanted a breakup, and now he couldn't even blame the brown-haired boy for having a breakdown right now. Like, he indeed understood. Two years of loyal relationships were broken by the appearance of Jungkook's husband, not to mention that he was also a criminal.

And Ky couldn't believe it. Because yeah, it was about to come. He was aware that one day Taehyung would be back in their lives, but he didn't expect Jungkook to forgive him—at least not this easily. It was rushed, and Ky was sure something was fishy, though he still had to put his finger on what.

But that didn't matter. Jungkook wanted to end their relationship. Jungkook wanted to return to his husband. Jungkook wanted Taehyung. Was he just a substitute all this time, then?

Ky snuffed, brushing his tears away. He felt like Jungkook was stupid as fuck and absolutely dumb. How could he forgive Taehyung just like that? It didn't make any sense at all.

Ky stayed sitting on the couch, his face against his hands.

Jungkook looked at him in sympathy. "I'm sorry. I know it's sudden, but I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't be together with you both, so I chose him over you." Jungkook said in a small voice- his peach hair fell onto his eyes, and he stared at Ky on the couch.

"Why..." Ky let out a sigh, removing his face from his hands, and gave Jungkook a stare with melancholic eyes. "Why did you decide to go back to him? After what happened back then?" Ky stood up, fidgeting his fingers together, looking at Jungkook with big and gloomy eyes. "He traumatized you, and all that—how can you restart loving him and return to him?" Ky continued in a broken voice, holding his tears back.

Apprehension encircled Jungkook, and he started to feel bad for Ky even more. But he couldn't do anything now. He had made his decision. Jungkook had already chosen Taehyung, and there was no way to step back.

"He has changed, Ky... he's not the person he used to be four years ago, just like you." Jungkook said, justifying his actions.

Ky paused for a brief period. "And how do you know that?" Ky asked, and when Jungkook was about to speak, Ky broke in. "You were here with me, Jungkook, and saw my growth—unlike him—who appeared out of nowhere and is telling me he has changed. There's no proof for it!" Ky snapped, and Jungkook shook his head.

"There is—I saw him caring for the others with my own eyes. Therefore, yes, he has changed and is taking his current path of life very seriously." Jungkook replied back, and Ky didn't speak.

He barely spent time with Taehyung after his appearance, and he couldn't actually tell if any of the words Jungkook was saying were true or not.

"He's still obsessed with you!" Ky irked, crossing his arms together, and turned his head around. Jungkook sighed, walking closer. "Ky, I want you to understand my side too." Jungkook sweetly said, caressing Ky's cheek.

"First of all, he changed himself all for me, and you were his man too once, but yet we were in a relationship for two years, and lastly, he's my husband, Ky. I can't simply avoid his existence." Jungkook lowered his voice, pulling his hand away.

"Just divorce. It's as easy as that." Ky muttered under his breath.

"Even though I didn't mean them, we still shared vows in the church and accepted each other as our husbands and someone with whom we would spend the rest of our lives and be there for each other." Jungkook looked down at his feet, recalling the memories.

The emotions he felt four years ago were completely different from the ones he was feeling right now. Back then, Jungkook despised Taehyung for everything that happened and for compelling him to marry, but now, to think about it, Jungkook is glad it was Taehyung.

Or else, what if it was just some old man in his 40s instead of Taehyung? Jungkook didn't want to imagine that because he felt sick only by the thought. He had imagined his and Taehyung's future together before, and although it wasn't like this at all, it was still the two of them.

"Are you crazy? Picturing yourself with the guy who killed your parents and your kidnapper? And also tried to kill you? Jungkook, can you recall that you would have been six feet under by now because of him if it wasn't for me who saved you back then?" Ky gritted out, angered.

Jungkook nodded. "Ky, you forgot that you used to be his minion and supported all the shit he used to do. Why are you blaming only him now, then? To have me for yourself?" Jungkook gushed out, equally angry.

"Fuck off, Jungkook. No one cares about this anyway." Ky rolled his eyes, pushing Jungkook away, and walked past him. Jungkook gasped. "You do since you were crying because of it?!" Jungkook growled lowly.

"You're just spreading your legs for the guy who was your worst nightmare once." Ky snarked, rushing to the kitchen, and sauntered to the fridge. He swung the door open and got a carton of milk.

"Why are you sticking to the same godforsaken argument for the last thirty minutes for fuck's sake?" Jungkook snarled furiously, watching Ky drink the milk. "How many times do I still have to tell you that he has changed?!" Jungkook shouted and gritted his teeth together, holding back his resentment when Ky didn't say anything.

"Well, fuck you! I just wanted to tell you we're over. Now, bye. Find someone else for yourself or suck your own dick." Jungkook bellowed, turning on his heels.

"You stupid, don't leave—this house is yours." Jungkook heard it from behind as he walked out of the house and then started to walk into the empty streets.

Soon anger turned into grief, and Jungkook started crying quietly as he walked down the streets, his heartbeats fast. He knew he was stupid. He knew he shouldn't have forgiven Taehyung so easily, but Taehyung was basically his whole world once before he found out he was the mafia boss' son.

And Jungkook couldn't just move on. Not again. Not when Taehyung started to convince him he had actually changed and made him feel special. How was he the reason behind it? He felt pathetic now.

Jungkook continued to walk, but he felt a harsh hit on his head, making his vision dizzy, and in a matter of a few seconds, Jungkook blacked out.