30

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 30: Arrival

Qian Laiman was taken aback for a moment by Li Qinghe's answer. As soon as the surprise wore off, he felt uncomfortable.

He is not the one she defends like this.

"Since that livestock isn't for sale, I'm going to leave. They are still waiting for me," said Qian Laiman, with an embarrassed smile.

Zhou Chengkang was surprised by Li Qinghe's impolite behavior earlier, as he watched Qiao Laiman descend the mountain quickly. However, he felt Qiao Liaman's intentions toward Li Qinghe had not changed, so he said, "Qinghe, I think he has bad intentions, so do not talk to him anymore."

Li Qinghe looked very serious and said, "Today his cousin tore my stage¹ in front of so many people and called me a fox."

Zhou Chengkang's eyes flashed with anger. However, he did not forget to comfort her, "She just said some nonsense, don't be angry any longer."

They walked down the mountain, carrying rabbits and pheasants without avoiding others. When they arrived at the Zhou family's door, Zhou Chengkang gave her two little rabbits and one big rabbit.

The Zhou family came out and saw this scene after hearing the movements outside. Mother Zhou smiled and invited Li Qinghe to sit in, and she didn't seem to be displeased with her.

Li Qinghe also divided the mushrooms in half and gave the other half to Zhou Chengkang before returning home with the rabbits.

At this point, it was getting late. When Li Fu went outside for a stroll after dinner, he saw Li Qinghe carrying the rabbits. "Did you hunt the rabbit?" He asked, then his gaze turned to the mushroom basket in Li Qinghe's hands, "Can this mushroom be eaten?"

Li Qinghe shook her somewhat sore arm after she put down the things and said, "Yes, I picked two kinds of them, both of which had been collected before, so there is no danger."

When Zhao Wanwan saw the rabbits, she ran out of the house very excited and asked, "Are they for food?"

Mrs. Qian was also standing at the door and had been looking at them for quite some time.

While Li Fu carried this fat rabbit to peel the skin, Zhao Wanwan assisted Li Qinghe in cleaning the mushrooms that were covered in soil and dead leaves. Only after being cleaned and boiled could they be fried or stewed.

"This work isn't hard at all," Mrs. Qian sneered as she glanced at the sisters.

As Li Qinghe has never been afraid of Mrs. Qian, she responded without hesitating, "I have never asked you for assistance!"

As Mrs. Qian entered the house, she said, "Don't say later that I didn't offer to help you. I dare not eat it for fear of poison."

After she finished speaking, Mrs. Qian picked up the needle and thread and continued to sew the clothes.

Zhao Wanwan sat with her head down and concentrated on her work. In a low voice, Li Qinghe asked, "Do you think your mother is lazy?"

Though it wasn't appropriate for her to speak about her elder, Li Qinghe couldn't help herself. She wasn't aware of all these things when she worked in town before. Since she has been at home a lot lately, she has noticed that Mrs. Qian does not continue her work after Li Fu leaves for work. Mrs. Qian wasn't only bad at doing household chores, but she also didn't like doing it. Zhao Wanwan was mostly responsible for household chores, such as cooking and cleaning, as well as taking care of the chickens, as well as collecting eggs.

Zhao Wanwan smiled, "My mother asked me to do more work, which is a good thing for me. If it hadn't been for this, the Hu family might not have been able to consider me as a potential bride."