50

Li Qinghe turned around and walked two steps away when she heard those words, "If no one asks, I won't answer, but I won't lie either."

It would be too unlike her if Li Fu asked and she didn’t tell the truth.

Li Fu and Zhou Chengkang were chatting on the field. Working alone was very different from working with someone. Despite their tiredness, they had someone to converse with, so the time passed unconsciously and the work would be completed.

Li Qinghe took the teapot and poured the tea for them. Li Fu took it, "Your Aunt Qian made it?"

Li Qinghe hummed and Li Fu didn't seem to mind. He knew that his daughter and Mrs. Qian had little contact and didn't force her into mother-daughter affection. So he said, "I've done quite a bit today, and I'm getting hungry fast. Did she start cooking at home?"

"I didn't go into the kitchen." Li Qinghe spread her hands, "I don't know, probably can eat."

In the afternoon, when the sun was at its hottest, the three went home for lunch.

Under the big tree in the yard of Li's house, the food was already arranged on the stone table. Mrs. Qian brought out the buns from the kitchen and greeted them at the door with a smile, "Hurry up and eat."

In fact, no matter how many times Zhou Chengkang came to Li's house, he always acted cautiously. Li Qinghe sat him down and suddenly found a plate of fresh green vegetables, some pickles, and a bowl of soup on the table. She did not see meat or fish there. Something was wrong. Li Fu told her they would eat meat at noon...

The two people's complexions remained unchanged as they began eating. As Li Fu sat down at the table after coming out of the hut, he frowned at the sight of the meal. Mrs. Qian looked at his face in secret and hurriedly spoke, "I heard that the meat in town wasn't good this morning, so I didn't go, but tomorrow I will definitely go."

Li Fu frowned, saw Li Qinghe and Zhou Chengakang, and quickly let go, "Don't forget tomorrow, buy some anyhow."

There was nothing to say. Li Fu went about his business as usual in the afternoon. The next day, the table was still filled with vegan dishes. Mrs. Qian reluctantly smiled and said, "I went, but halfway through, I found that all of the silver had been lost."

Li Fu's face suddenly turned black, "Why didn't you lose yourself? You can't do anything right. Go to the field with me in the afternoon!"

The words were final, and there was no room for rebuttal.

When Mrs. Qian came out again in the afternoon, she wore a cap and covered her entire upper body. The women in the village were not afraid of getting sunburned, but such an exaggeration was not common.

Li Fu saw it and frowned, "If you would like to wear this, then you should only wear it when you get to the field. Otherwise, people will laugh at you and Wan Wan as well. Isn't it likely that people in town will joke that her mother from a farming family is scared of the sun when she works?"

After hearing the words, Mrs. Qian removed her cap and went inside to retrieve her normal straw hat.

They worked at the Li family's house for several days before they finished the work.

As soon as the grains were collected after the harvest, they paid back what they owed and paid the food tax. The rest was left at the new house. By the end of autumn, the preparation should be almost done, and they can move in.

Li Qinghe got up in the morning and started washing up. Li Fu came in with a piece of meat. He seemed to have brought it specifically to her. "I went to town in the morning and found it quite fresh. I brought it back by the way."