92

After thinking about it for a while, everyone understood Qian Laixing's true motives. Back then, old man Qian and old lady Qian were old to work and relied on Qian Laixing's parents to support them. They not only had to support two elders but also had to support two scholars.

Qian Laiwen was proficient in everything from eating and drinking to gambling, but not at reading.

If this happened in any other family, they would have discontinued his studies. But the old Qian couple thought that their son was very smart and would be able to pass if he studied. But he wasn't able to study well and relied on his parents. Therefore, if Qian Laixing really was a ruthless person, he would have every reason to persuade Qian Laiwen to kill them and then no one would be able to force his parents, and Mrs. You wouldn't have to work so hard.

His motives were not hard to predict, and this was not what mattered to the villagers. What mattered was the land that villagers put under his name.

If he really was the criminal, no one knew what would happen to the land in his name.

Maybe it would get confiscated?

Just by thinking about this, many people in the village couldn't sit still.

Hearing this news, Li Qinghe was very surprised. She understood what Mrs. Qian thought. Even if the story was true and a complaint was filed, wouldn't she have her face torn along with the Qian family?

No one knew what she was thinking. After the mother and daughter went to the town, they stayed at the mayor's house because they were afraid to return.

Many people put their land under Qian Laixing's name because of Mrs. Qian's words. As soon as she would show up, people would definitely come to her to get their land back.

The fact that the land was put under the name of a scholar to be exempted from the grain tax was something that the officials will not investigate, but it was indeed a violation of the law not to forget mentioning, there would be a suspicion of tax evasion as well. Therefore, even if Qian Laixing was taken away by officials before the judgment was issued, no one dared to go and admit it openly. They would only have to find other ways to get their land back. If they wanted to get their land, the simplest way was to go and confront Mrs. Qian.

For a long time, the villagers were on the edge but they didn't say anything to the Qian family. They roamed around the Qian family house day and night, for the fear that the Qian family might run away. Some people even went to the Li family to talk about it.

They just went to ask him not to find any trouble with him. If he hadn't remarried, maybe they wouldn’t have asked. But now he had a new wife and daughter and also a new son-in-law. Not to mention, his son-in-law went back every three days ago to help with the fieldwork. Now that Li Fu was finally living a prosperous life, they couldn't bring themselves to ask and trouble him with their problems at all.

Soon, Qian Laixing was taken back to the county. Because of this, many people in the village who had never been to the county seat in their entire lifetime- also got on the carriage to the county seat with money in their pockets.

The good thing was that people who were close to Li Qinghe, knew about her feud with the Qian family. Even if their hearts were moved, they didn't hand the land over.

Thinking about it now, it was a blessing.

Because of the recent events, Li Qinghe also made a special trip back to the Li family with her. The autumn harvest was about to start and Li Fu was sharpening his knife, preparing for the same. And beside him was sitting the person whom she heard a lot about from everyone- his newest son-in-law, who often came to help him.