75

Yu Yan's remarks were rude, and she didn't give her face at all. She still felt that it was not enough, and continued, "From now on, you may give buns to anyone, but you may not give them to Min Rui."

"Are not happy that these two men don't pay attention to you? Will you only be satisfied if all the men in the world fall in love with you?"

No matter how cunning Yang Lanrou was, she was only a sixteen-year-old girl. Since childhood, it was the first time when someone said harsh words to her. Yang Lanrou's eyes turned red and she was about to cry. Seeing this Yu Yan frowned, "It is more effective to save these tears for your father, brother, and your fiancé. I'm hard-hearted, so this trick is useless to me."

Yang Lanrou looked at Li Qinghe, "Miss Li..."

"It won't work for me either." Li Qinghe wasn't polite, "Don't send the steamed buns to my house in the future, I can still afford to raise Little Rhubarb."

Her words implied that even if Yang Lanrou sent the buns to help raise the dog, the dog would not accept her help.

Yang Lanrou's tears fell, "I really don't have those dirty thoughts, I just want to be friends with you."

"I don't want to be friends with you." Li Qinghe said seriously, "In fact, if I could, I would never want to see you in my life."

Yang Lanrou was stunned. When she met Li Qinghe's serious eyes, she couldn't help but ask, "How did I offend you?"

The look in her eyes was one of innocence.

When Li Qinghe breathed her last in the firewood room, Yang Lanrou gazed at her with exactly the same innocent gaze filled with tears. She pitifully said, "I'm sorry, I didn't want it either."

Li Qinghe blinked her eyes and came back to her senses," Anyway, I don't like you, so don't show up in front of me in the future, or I'll start scolding you. You even show up at my house after I feed the buns to the dog. Aren't you embarrassed?"

Yang Lanrou still didn't move, and her eyes looked behind the two of them. Li Qinghe turned around suspiciously and saw Zhou Chengkang coming toward them with two sweet potatoes. He handed them to her and Yu Yan, "Eat it while it's hot, I just baked them in the cellar. These are the good ones left."

Yu Yan laughed, took the sweet potato, and pulled Li Qinghe with a smile, "The sun is too bright now, let's go back."

Then, the three of them really left, and Zhou Chengkang didn't look at Yang Lanrou from beginning to end.

Back in the yard, Yu Yan was eating sweet potatoes, "After I clean my land, I'll also plant some of these. I'll also learn to raise chickens so that way I could at least have eggs to eat."

She planned a lot for the future.

Yu Yan hired more people and by the end of March, the house was built. Like Li Qinghe, her house was also made of bricks and was surrounded by a courtyard wall, which was similar. From these, it could be seen that she was not short of money.

Mei Hua's body was getting better gradually. There was no shortage of meat, and she had plenty of milk, so the child was well fed. Three months had passed and now the child was three-months-old. These days, Mei Hua had fish soup for meals every day, for which she was very grateful to Li Qinghe. Today, elder brother Zhou was busy selling the tofu, and when Mei Hua was free, she came over to the fish pond to fish.

She carried the child in her arms and watched Li Qinghe help her fish. She said with a smile, "Mother said that someone will come to see the fifth sister again in a couple of days."

She hugged the child and watched Li Qinghe help her catch fish, and said with a smile, "Mother said, someone, will come to see the fifth sister in two days."