70

After Yu Yan got out of the carriage, she opened the door and shouted out in surprise. Only then did Li Qinghe stick her head out of the carriage.

When the two people in the carriage saw this, they stared at each other. They feared it would be too late to save him and quickly got out of the carriage. The person lying on the ground was covered in black, and they could vaguely see his thin cheeks from the side. They didn’t understand how Yu Yan could think he was good-looking.

When Zhao Chengkang squatted down and turned the person over, he noticed something sticky on his hands. As soon as he raised the hand, red blood flashed before his eyes. Since it hadn’t even been dawn yet when they saw him, they just noticed his black clothes; however, seeing his hands, Yu Yan hurriedly pulled off his shirt, only to discover he had scars all over his body from whipping.

And his body was burning hot and he was breathing heavily.

Li Qinghe asked in a low voice, "What should we do now?"

She didn't intend to leave him behind. She was asking whether they should take him back to the village first, and then go to the town to call for a doctor or take him directly to the town to see the doctor and then take him back to the village.

Yu Yan asked tentatively, "Since it's so dark now, finding a doctor here must be difficult. Why don't you send us back first, and then help me find one?"

Li Qinghe was speechless and after a long time, said, "Are you sure that Third Aunt will accept him?"

"That’s right." Yu Yan thought deeply. When Third Aunt Li saved her, it had been because she was a little girl. But if a big man was brought back, who could tell what kind of character he had?

She thought for a short while and then waved her hand. "It's okay, let's wait until I heal him. If he doesn't have good moral character, we’ll let him go. So, let's take him back now."

The man looked thin, but after picking him up, he was quite heavy. He was as tall as Zhou Chengkang, who was the tallest person in the village.

In the next moment, the carriage that had just left the village turned around and stopped at the gate of Third Aunt Li's house. Li Qinghe and Zhou Chengkang helped Yu Yan take the man into the house, then drove the carriage to the town and brought a doctor back.

At this time, the sky was already bright, and after the doctor entered the house, Li Qinghe also saw the cleaned man lying on the bed, with fair skin and a pale face. He looked really good, with attractive eyebrows, thin cheekbones, and a high nose.

In any case, Li Qinghe never encountered a man more handsome than him in this village.

Zhou Chengkang was completely different from him. Zhou Chengkang was handsome, while the one Yu Yan rescued… was more like a little white face.

As soon as the doctor arrived, Yu Yan hurriedly welcomed him in, saying, "He has suffered numerous traumatic injuries. It seems like they are all whiplashes. I do not know whether he has suffered any internal injuries, and he still has a fever."

The doctor came forward and lifted the quilt, and indeed there were whip wounds all over the body. Some of them had scabbed and his entire body was covered in wounds. Seeing Li Qinghe looking at him, Zhou Chengkang reached out and covered her eyes, whispering, "Just look at them at once; don't keep staring."

He also drew her into the outer room, whispering in her ear, "I'll take off my clothes for you to see when we get home."

Li Qinghe glared at him and said emphatically, "I'm just looking at his injuries."

"That also won't work." Zhou Chengkang held her hand. "Where does he look as good as me?"

Following the words, he was once again met with a serious glare.