112

There was nothing wrong with people doing the same kind of business. If they wished to raise and sell fishes as well, no one had the right to ask them to stop.

Yu Yan also understood this fact. But this also made the people more aggrieved.

"Don't be angry." Li Qinghe said with a smile when she saw her angry face, "I don't live off from the fish pond business solely."

Yu Yan glared at her, "I'm not angry, I just feel bad for you."

The two looked at each other and couldn't help but laugh out loud.

No matter what the villagers thought about this, the Yang family's fish pond was already dug nonetheless. It was about the same size as that of Li Qinghe's. However there was one problem-  even though the pond was dug, there was no water source for the pond to fill up with. They will be needing to divert the water from the small river in the village, to their pond.

The small river in the village had never been dry since the village was established. During the drought for the past two years while the neighboring towns and counties suffered from it, the villagers could survive because they were able to use the water for their harvests. The water can as well be used for raising the fishes.

In April, the Yang family went to the county and bought around 500 fishes and put them in the pond. If everything went well they could start selling their fish within a year.

The villagers were eager to know what the Zhou family thought about this situation. Normally, people would get angry if they encountered such a situation. But Li Qinghe and Zhou Chengkang were very indifferent to this matter. Not only them, even Mrs. Zhou and Li Fu didn't react to it at all! Not only did they not look for trouble with the Yang family, but they also didn't  badmouth them.

After a long time, the villagers gradually stopped paying attention and had finally accepted the fact that the Yang family also had a fish pond now. However, there were many people who still did not interact with the Yang family.

The Zhou couple stayed in the woods for almost two months. The weather gradually turned hotter and they didn't want to go there anymore. These days they not only collected herbs but also hunted along the way. Li Qinghe even got some fresh bamboo shoots to pickle. During this period, Xiyu stayed with the Li family, and he would occasionally come back to stay for one night.

Now that they decided not to go to the woods, they had to go and bring the child back. When Li Qinghe arrived, she happened to see Xiyu covering his eyes in the courtyard and saying, "Grandpa, did you hide?"

(TN: The term grandpa refers to the maternal grandfather and the term grandfather refers to the paternal grandfather.)

Calling Li Fu grandfather instead of grandpa was because of Li Fu's selfishness, but one cared about it. Standing outside the courtyard, she saw Li Fu sneak out of the main hall nimbly and say, "Yes." He then peeked from the window, quickly retracted, and then took another look…

Xiyu removed his hands from his eyes. He went straight inside and happened to meet Mrs. Liu coming out with food, "Grandma, I found you!"

Mrs. Liu smiled, and reached out to pat his head, "Yes, my Xiyu is so good at finding people."

Li Qinghe smiled and opened the courtyard door to step inside. Xiyu didn't see her and went inside directly to continue looking for Li Fu. On the other hand, Mrs. Liu saw her immediately, and said with a smile, "Qinghe, you are here. Xiyu has been asking about you for the past two days. I said that I would send him back to you tonight."

"Seems like I've troubled Aunt Liu."

Mrs. Liu didn't mind and said, "No, it's lively to have a child in the house. If not for him, then it's just me and your father. There's no one else to talk to. Come in and sit down, and I'll brew you some tea."