84

Speaking of the demand for wages, Li Qinghe's uncle went to help the Yang family for a few days.

Hearing the commotion, he couldn't help but go over to help, "I need to take a look."

The rest who followed, just wanted to watch the drama. Zhou Chengkang carried the child and held her hand, "Let's go to have a look too."

They all went in the direction of the chicken coop in the backyard, crossed the barren field, and reached outside the Yang family's courtyard.

The courtyard gate was open right now, and there were many people inside. They could vaguely see the people lying on the floor. It was cold that day hence the people were covered in quilts.

When they got closer, they saw that about twenty or thirty people were lying on the ground, occupying a large area. Their faces, their lips were pale, and there was a strong stench emanating from the bathroom.

Diarrhea.

Thinking back, it was very unusual for the Yang family to sell their pork for such a cheap price. Along with the people's resentful words, Li Qinghe realized that there must be something wrong with the pig, for Yang family to sell it this cheaply.

"You must find a doctor to help us with the treatment." The woman at the front looked angry, "If something were to happen to my husband, I will not leave your house."

"If we are going to die, we will report this to the official."

"Why was this pork so cheap? The pig had gone bad and yet you still wanted to sell it for money. You are a real example of a crooked businessman."

Mr. Yang seemed to have just come out of the house. He quickly bent down to take a look at the man laying on the ground. He frowned and said, "How can you conclude that the diarrhea was caused because of the pork? The pork I sold was good and the texture and taste were normal. If the quality was bad, you wouldn't have bought it! You can't blame that my meat was stale just because it was sold cheap."

The village chief stepped forward. His face was pale while his hand covered his stomach. It seemed as if he was quite in pain, "Then why did so many people, who all ate your family's pork, get diarrhea? This includes me too!"

Mr. Yang told the large number of people in his courtyard, "Just because a few have diarrhea doesn't prove that the cause was my product.There are so many people who ate the pork and are still fine."

One of Li Qinghe's aunts took two steps forward, "That's because we did not eat much of it. The people who do the physical labor in our families usually consume most of the meat. Now that your family's pork has caused such a situation, if something were to happen to the men in our family, how could we widows or orphans manage to survive?"

"No, you must hurry up and get us a doctor. Or else ...... if my husband dies, I won't allow your family to live peacefully either."

Even the other people then started to attack the Yang family members. Someone punched Mr. Yang in the face while someone grabbed Mrs. Yang's collar and wouldn't let go. They even dragged Yang Lanrou out of the house.

Mr. Yang finally said, "Okay, stop this. I'll have someone to escort the doctor."

The Yang family's old servant immediately set up the carriage and went out of the village to get the doctor. Seeing this, the crowd was no longer panicking as before. They did not shut their mouths though, and many discussions were going on in low voices.

The old servant was very agile in his work. In just a quarter of an hour, she brought back the doctor with two large medicine boxes. It seemed that the old lady was very reliable despite her age. She not only invited the doctor, but also explained the condition to him a.