Chapter 4

"I hate youuu!"

"Bakit??" Matteo laughed as he took another picture of Sarah.

"Sige, isa pa, isa pang picture, Matteo Guidicelli! Itutulak kita dyan," Sarah replied with a whine.

"Kaya mo?" Matteo teased. "You're such a bully."

"Ikaw kaya ang bully!"

Matteo laughed even more, "Ako?? I'm just taking your photo."

Sarah shot him a look and whined some more. "Exactly! Tapos tawa ka ng tawa."

It was their second day in British Columbia when they decided to drive up North of Vancouver to see more of the Rockies. They're currently riding in one of the chairlifts, an open version of a gondola, where the only thing supporting them is their seat and the metal bar that sits across their middle to keep them from falling forward. The fact that they were going over 6000 feet up the mountain didn't scare Sarah; it was the thought that they could easily fall off the cable lift with it being so open.

Being the playful guy that he is, Matteo teased her non-stop which scared her even more.

"Matt, tigilan mo nga kaka-picture sakin," Sarah whined when he kept taking pictures of her while she held on for her dear life.

"Ang cute mo kasi," Matteo replied, still laughing. "Relax ka lang, the more you whine, the more tensed your body will be. Baka mag tip over toh at mahulog tayo."

"Matt, you're not helping!"

He laughed once more until he calmed himself down when he saw fear in her eyes.

"Ano ka ba, YOLO ka ng YOLO tapos you're scared of heights."

"I'm not scared of heights. Takot ako na sa lahat ng pwede kong ikamatay ngayon, dito pa ako matuluyan! Meron naman kasing ibang gondola eh, bakit eto sinakyan natin??"

"Coz it's more fun! Come on, just relax and enjoy the ride. Just a few more minutes left."

"Juskopo, why did I agree to this," Sarah said to herself.

"Kasi you enjoy my company?" Matteo leaned close to her, pushing her to the side gently.

"Matt!!" Sarah grabbed his arm and held on for dear life when she felt the chairlift wobble a little.

Matteo laughed again, earning him a smack on the arm.

"Hindi ko na-eenjoy ang company mo ngayon," he heard her say, still clinging tightly to him.

"Gimme." Matteo reached for her hand clasped on his arm and unfolded her fingers. "I know you like my biceps but let me hold your hand."

"Ikaw Matteo, you can be obnoxious too eh noh?"

He laughed at her response and brought her hand down to his lap, with both of his hands holding it. "Ano ka ba, do you really think I'm going to let you fall?"

Sarah looked up at him and saw a smile on his face. Somehow, despite all his playfulness, she knew that he was a genuine person. For some reason, she easily trusted him. Breaking their eye to eye contact, one hand briefly let go of his arm to push his face away before holding on to him again. "Don't look at me like that," she mumbled quietly.

Matteo heard her loud and clear but he chose to let it be. Instead, he gave her a genuine smile and told her stories about the Rocky Mountains as they made their way past the pine trees below them.

The two of them needed to ride another cable car, a bigger, closed-in gondola, that took them higher up the mountain where they ate early lunch on one of the summits. It sure was a sight to behold. They were on the same level as the summits of snow-capped mountains enjoying the food on the deck served from the barbecue grill.