Chapter 6

There was less than an hour left in their 6-hour flight to Oahu Island in Hawaii and Sarah was looking out the plane window thinking of how their phone calls to their parents went the night before. As expected, both her parents and Matteo's parents were beyond shocked to hear that they were going to Hawaii, but after their long conversation on the phone, their parents couldn't do anything but to remind both to stay safe and check in with them as often as possible.

She sat up straight and looked down on the ocean, taking a picture of what she was seeing. From thousands of feet up in the air, the waves looked like strips of white cotton candy that were laid out on the deep blue water of the ocean. Sarah wanted to show Matteo but he was asleep, so she ended up taking a picture of it instead before turning to her right side to take a picture of the handsome guy beside her.

"Wow," Matteo heard Sarah's voice as he set their bags on the chair.

Sarah was already walking further into their oceanfront two-bedroom suite. It was a spacious suite with a combination of modern and traditional Hawaiian design, including impressive decorative details, but it wasn't what caught her attention.

"Matt, ang ganda," Sarah said in awe as she kept walking. "Wow," she said again.

He walked behind her and followed her onto the large, wide, private balcony.

"Do you like it?" Matteo asked as they stepped out and were greeted with the fresh afternoon ocean breeze.

"Sobra, Matt. I love it," Sarah replied. "Grabe, I can just stay here with you," she said while admiring the view.

Right outside their suite on their private balcony was a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean with a bonus of a mountain view to the right. There was also a stunning view of the lagoon that had rock formations that created the opening to the ocean, making it a perfect spot for kayaking and paddle boarding on the ocean minus its rough waves.

The palm trees were a perfect supplement to the grass that surrounded the lagoon and resort grounds, but being on the 16th floor gave them the perfect view without any obstructions.

"You mean, stay here with me for the rest of our lives?" Matteo asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes," Sarah answered unknowingly. "Wait, no," she said, taking her words back. "Ayan ka na naman eh." She gently pinched his arm while they laughed.

"Nah, you can't take it back. You said you can just stay here with me for the rest of our lives," Matteo teased her, leaning on the railing to see the view.

"Che, san mo naman nakuha yung for the rest of our lives," Sarah said, still laughing. "But, Matt, really, this is amazing. Thank you."

"Your smile made all the effort of staying up late last night to find you the best accommodation while we're here," Matteo replied with a smile. "You're worth it, Sarah."

Hearing the sincerity in his voice, Sarah took a deep breath and took a step closer to him before locking her arms with his. "Thank you, Matt."

"You're very welcome," he replied to her with the warmest smile. "I think I'd like to spend the rest of the day here at the resort."

"That's totally fine with me," Sarah smiled.

"How does calling for room service to order dinner for two on the balcony while we watch the sunset sound?"

"Sounds perfect," she smiled at him gratefully.

"Well, then, my lady, private dinner on the balcony coming right up!"

"My lady mo mukha mo!" Sarah said as she playfully smacked him on the arm before walking back inside.

"Ouch! My lady, I am hurt!" Matteo voiced out with exaggeration as he followed her inside their suite.