Chapter 7

"Matt, what do you want?"

"Ikaw." Matteo looked to his right for her reaction and saw Sarah stick her tongue out at him.

"Seryoso kasi!"

"I am serious," he said with a laugh. "Kelan pa kita biniro? I tease you but I'm always honest with you."

Sarah shot him another look before turning back to check the menu. "Dali, gutom na ako."

"Why am I not surprised," Matteo teased while checking the choices.

"Food is life. I'm always hungry."

"For?" He teased again while looking right at her with his eyebrows bobbing up and down. And with that, he earned another smack on the arm from Sarah.

As the days went by, Matteo found himself becoming more deeply attached and attracted to Sarah and it was a feeling he didn't try to hide. He would often test the waters by subtly flirting with her, to which she has responded to by brushing him off with a laugh. He wasn't oblivious to the fact that a romantic relationship wasn't Sarah's priority, but knowing that she enjoyed his company as much as he enjoyed hers was enough for Matteo to be content with what they shared together.

They were standing on the side of the highway where a shrimp farm was located. They're on the third day of exploring the island and after driving by and visiting numerous beaches, a stop at the shrimp farm sounded perfect for a satisfying late lunch.

It was only meters away from the highway and a small shack served as the counter and kitchen. Right behind the shack, just shifted a bit to the right, were about twenty picnic tables under a make-shift roof. Customers dined out on the tables beside the ponds where shrimps are harvested daily to be cooked and served on the same day.

"I'll get the coconut shrimp."

"What? You're in Hawaii, right off the highway, the shrimp is cooked straight from the farm tapos you're gonna get something you can buy frozen from the grocery store?"

"But at least it'll be fresh from the farm like you said. Ayoko mag balat ng shrimps," Sarah told Matteo who gave her the are-you-serious-look.

"Geez, Sarah Geronimo. I got you. I'll order for us, you can go find us a table."

Sarah walked away with a chuckle to find them a picnic table while Matteo ordered and waited for their food. She saw him carrying a few stacks of styrofoam but he stopped her as soon as she stood up to help.

"Nope, stay seated. I got this," Matteo said to her with a smile.

"Bakit parang ang dami mo yata inorder?"

"Here you go, your coconut shrimp with a bottle of iced tea as you requested."

"Thank you, Matt."

"You're welcome," Matteo replied with a wink and a wide grin, making Sarah giggle while shaking her head.

"What did you get for yourself?"

"Hmm, let's see." He opened each of the other styrofoam packages that he carried and the smell of the garlic, butter and other spices made Sarah's mouth water. "I have here two orders of butter garlic shrimp, spicy garlic shrimp, and chicken katsu. And a bottle of iced tea for myself as well."

"Hindi ka naman gutom noh? Four orders? When was your last meal, last week?" Sarah teased while she helped him set their food up.

Matteo laughed and walked over to the faucet to wash his hands. "Nope, we're sharing."

"Kainin mo lahat yan, ayoko nga mag-balat," Sarah laughed while Matteo took a seat across from her.

Each order came with a side of salad and pineapple, and the rice was topped with the sauce from the butter garlic dish.