Chapter 21

"Love, I'll go with you."

"Love, ayan ka na naman. I just have to pee," Sarah said with a chuckle.

"I'll stand by the door. I'll close my eyes or I'll even cover my eyes. Di ako sisilip, promise."

"Hay naku, love."

"Hindi nga, di ako sisilip. Saka na when we're married na..."

"Matt!" Sarah was quick to cut him off with a sharp glare, her laughter trying to break out from being held in.

"...kasi I want to see the wonderful decor in the bathroom," Matteo continued, trying to save himself but failing at it.

"Ewan ko sayo," she laughed again.

"Please?"

Sarah smiled and walked back to him, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "I'll leave the door open a bit so that you can hear my scandalous pee, okay?"

"Fine," he finally said and let her pee in peace.

After the bathroom incident a few weeks ago, Matteo has been paranoid about letting her lock the bathroom while she's inside. He would still offer to accompany her despite Sarah refusing each time, saying that she wasn't in pain and that she would tell them if there was anything unusual.

She was still giggling when she made her way to the bathroom and he let out a sigh, his lips finally curving up into a smile. The sound of her laughter, or even a simple chuckle from her, never fails to make him smile. She gets him through their days while he also gets her through all the good and bad.

"Are you ready, love?" Sarah asked him early the next morning while they talked on the phone. "Ready ka na for your exam?"

"Yes love, super duper ready," he said with enthusiasm.

"Yieeee, lovebirds!" Matteo heard in the background, followed by Sarah's laughter.

"Who was that? Robi?" He asked while laughing.

"Si Robi, kasama ko dito sa kusina," she replied.

Robi leaned close to Sarah before talking again. "Ang tamis naman!"

"Robi!" Sarah laughed while shooing her brother away. On the other side of the phone was Matteo with a big smile on his face after hearing her hearty laugh and was getting in his car to drive to his in-class exam.

"Sige na, love, you should get going. Good luck sa exam mo," she said to him while smiling at Robi who quickly said, "Good luck, brother!"

"Thanks, brother!" Matteo replied. "Thank you, love. Sorry ha, I can't drive for you this morning but I'll see you later after the exam. How about a lunch date later? May I take you out for lunch, bubba?" He asked and Sarah could just picture his handsome smile.

"It's ok, bubba, it can wait. And, yes, of course, I'd love to," Sarah replied with a smile and Matteo swore he could also picture her smile as she talked.

Robi continued to eat his breakfast and watched his sister fiddle with the fruits in front of her while saying goodbye to Matteo. "Wala kang gana?" He asked once she ended the call.

"Meron naman," Sarah answered with a smile.

"Medyo wala lang?" Robi asked to clarify, his demeanor changing from teasing to serious.

"Meron, pero parang may iba lang hinahanap yung palate ko," Sarah admitted with a chuckle.

"What is it? Yun ba dapat pupuntahan nyo this morning?"

"Di naman, Robi, na-mention ko lang kay Matt na nag crave ako lately ng croissants for breakfast, yung fresh from the bakery. He wanted to take me today pero may exam pa sya and they'll probably be sold out na when he's done."