~ Chapter 23 ~ A Sovereigns Love Isn't Forever..

~ Neuvillette's Perspective ~

" Right, Go read your book. I told your companion you would know what a Boyfriend is." Furina exclaimed

" Furina. Is this necessary. You can explain it to me quickly now so I can get back to my work." I replied

" No no! It's very necessary, Neuvillette, and I've told you for the hundredth time I can't explain the term to you like that Book can."

" Alright." I sighed

I then got up from my office and started waking to the entrance to the Palais Mermonia, as I stepped outside the light breeze blew my long hair in its pattern. When I got to the door of my house I opened it and went to go sit on a table near my kitchen.

I then took out the book and when I did it glowed blue. I just Can't believe I'm reading a book because of Furina. She can be really demanding.

I proceeded to turn the first page and there stood an empty box with a small instruction over it. The instruction read.

" Please write what is on your mind Little Sovereign."

Little? Who is it calling Little? Yes I'm young to being a sovereign. But do not call me little. I ignored the being called little and went to go write what I didn't understand

" What is a boyfriend?" I wrote

The book pulsed blue for a split second then became normal. I then turned the page is was on to the next page. But when I turned the page I saw 2 pages full of writing. This boyfriend thing actually might be complicating.. I then started to read the first paragraph.

" A Boyfriend is an individual that is another part of you. They are your significant other but not really significant other, it means that They are your full companion for the time You both date. Dating is when you trial your partner to see how they really act and are you really interested in them."

So that's a Boyfriend. Basically a companion but more than a companion for the time we date, but dating is like trialing a person. Well obviously not trial as court but trial as in you test the person out to see if they meet your standards. I then carried on to the next paragraph.

" As sovereigns we have huge possessiveness, meaning if our compainion is busy with other people or talking or laughing or having a bit more fun than usual with others. You Will Get Jealous. And jealousy with a sovereign is different to how a human experiences it. When you are Jealous Neuvillette. You will do unthinkable things if you don't control it. There's a 96% chance for you to kill that person your companion is with, there's a 73% chance for you to Hurt someone. not just the person your companion is with but hurt anyone. Keep these percentages in mind. And try to remain calm or tell your companion about it so they can help you calm down in these instances. But Neuvillette you must know your Limits. If your companion is laughing or having more fun than usual with Colette, Navia, Clorinde, and Furina. You must let them."

Well after reading that I'll definitely be more vigilant of my emotions because I really don't wish to Kill or Hurt a Mortal for no reason.

But Wriothesley has never told me of a being called Colette. I think I heard her the other day when Wriothesley was shouting at me but, I never really saw her. But it's really fascinating how the book knows almost everyone in my life.

But as I turned to the next page I started to get anxious. Because The heading read

" Immortality and Mortality."

After I saw those 3 words I knew exactly what this part was going to inform me about..

but I continued to go on and read

" Neuvillette, A relationship with a Mortal can be Beautiful and Painful. Beautiful because you spend your life with that Mortal and you enjoy it to the fullest. But We as sovereigns do not engage in relationships with Mortals as we are Immortal,  Meaning we will outlive our companion, we will watch them grow old while we stay the same. We will watch them Die. While we stay alive."

I started to look at the window and then rain started to pour. I said I saw this coming but it didn't stop it from being painful. It isn't easy knowing that you're going to Outlive your companion.

I turned around to get a glass of water but then hear knocking on my door, I stood up and went to open the door only to see. Furina. She probably came here because she saw the rain

She just walked in not even waiting for me to say come in. She then sat down on a couch. And pointed to a window looking annoyed.

I just looked at her in confusion.

" The rain? what was it for now." She groaned

I kept quiet and kept staring at her in annoyance.

" A response would be nice." She scolded

" What. Am I not allowed to be sad Furina?" I asked

" I mean... considering your mood affects the weather of Fontaine being sad isn't the best mood to be at the moment. I was trying to help a Tour guide from Liyue as he wanted to see our sights and then it started raining out of Nowhere." She explained

" Liyue.. I really do miss that place." I whispered

" you missed what Neuvillette?" She asked

" Nothing." I replied

She just rolled her eyes at me and started to again ask me what's wrong.

" Listen. I'll allow you to feel this sad mood of yours if you tell me what you're being sad for."

" I don't believe I'm forced to tell you what's wrong Furina." I replied

" Neuvillette you made it pour outside. Not even light rain. Heavy rain. So if you don't tell me the matter I'll say the Dukes name and you will become so flustered and confused. You'll be forced to tell me."

Devious Furina. But ever since me and Wrio have been spending more together his name doesn't really have that much of an effect on me.

" Do it then. Say His Name." I replied

" Oh- so you chose the hard way. alright! Ahem."

" Wriothesley!" She exclaimed

A few seconds after she said that nothing had happened I stayed completely normal and fine no red blush had crept to my face and my antennas didn't pulse a strong blue.

I just chucked a little bit. As I watched the shocked archon stand with her arms crossed and an annoyed expression on her face.

" But- But! That's so unfair!! Why doesn't it work anymore!!" She shouted

" Apologies Furina, but I do not know why it doesn't work anymore." I replied

" Whatever! You can figure out your crying sad self! Alone!" She continued to shout

" Understood." I replied

She then left and I sat on my couch Doubting the relationship I have with Wriothesley just a bit. Don't get me wrong I love him.. I really do I would do anything for him. My Wrio..

He just won't live to see all of it..

A single tear roll down my face. But I wiped it quickly, before more followed. I then stood up and just decided to leave the book for the rest of the day and do something else.

I can't be thinking about Wriothesley's death all day.