5 / 24

A/N: Yes, this is a day late...    :) lets pretend it's not
Inspired by many of the reincarnation trope manhwas I've read in the past

Caffeine overdoses were apparently a thing and you wondered if you could sue your college for it. I mean you totally would've... if you weren't dead. Technically, you weren't dead anymore but you were still salty about the way hell week had ended for you. You never got to find out if you passed that stupid Economic's test.

Now, you were alive again. Only you were stuck in the same book you'd teased your roommate about reading about a million times. On the bright side, listening to them rant about the story finally came in handy. On the downside, your roommate was kinda right. The story didn't totally suck.

You had been reincarnated... as a totally random side character. Yeah, you weren't the main character, or the villain, or one of the male leads. Honestly that was for the best, you were living your best life watching everything go down from the sidelines.

Not only, did you get reborn as a rich kid due to it being necessary to the story, but you also had magic. As a background character at the Magic Academy you were having a great time. It was way better than college ever had been for you. 

It was another typical day of standing in the courtyard, watching, as some major plot point in the story went down right in front of you. You weren't sure what exactly happened, just that people were yelling, which wasn't abnormal.

"How could you?! I already told you that I will never love you!" One of the male leads yelled at a girl who was already crying. She had red hair so she was probably supposed to be the 'villainess'. 

"What happened?" You whispered to one of the students beside you.

"Rosalie asked Garret to go to the school ball next week with her. He started yelling about how she was trying to upstage Lily or something and now we're here." The student whispered back. You winced, that sounded a bit harsh.

It didn't take long for the crowd to disperse once the male lead stormed off, and you carefully approached Rosalie who was still crying on the ground. 

"This might sound stupid but... are you okay?" You asked, trying to watch your tone.

"Why do they all hate me?" She whispered. You shrugged, offering her a hand.

"I dunno, but that was a very harsh rejection to being asked out. I mean... did you do anything besides ask him out?" Look, you were trying to play devil's advocate for a second. Plus, you did think that was a very harsh rejection.

"No... I just wanted to know if he wanted to go together because he always used to go with me. But for some reason he just freaked out. You... you don't hate me right?" She asked.

"I don't know you well enough to hate you." You said. She finally accepted your hand and you sighed. "I have to go. Class starts in 5 minutes. You should go to the nurse though. Maybe go home early."

"What's your name?"

"Y/N. Okay, bye!" You started on your way to class, leaving Rosalie behind. Little did you know, that helping her would such a major mistake.

--------

You ducked into a small storage closet, not daring to use your magic to light it at all. You were panting, holding onto your bag's strap as your leaned against the closed door.

"Y/N?" You could hear out in the hall. You froze, hoping she'd leave you alone if she couldn't find you. You suddenly flinched when the closet lit up.

"Look, no offense but there's a reason no one likes Rosalie." The male lead informed you, the same one who had yelled at her. "So while I do pity you... i'd rather it be you than me. Sorry about this."

With that a gust of magic pushed you out of the closet and you landed right in front of Rosalie. As she grinned, hugging you tightly while asking about your day, you cursed the real villain of this stupid book...

that damn male lead!!!!