20 / 24

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I was dealing with some tech issues but everything should be fixed now. Platonic yandere!

You were riding with your father, keeping your head down. You had your hood up and a see through blindfold covering your eyes. Ever since your kingdom had been taken over, the capital had been full of fear. There were rumors of twins, a girl and a boy, who were so lovely the new royal family had dragged them off.

Now, anyone who was young kept their faces covered if they had to go outside. Your family couldn't afford for you to stay home, you had to help your father sell clockwork bits at the market.

While your father was the only clock smith in the capital, most people only needed small repairs. Your father's hands were deteriorating with age, they shook and were unable to do delicate procedures. That was why you had to come.

Your father set up the stall while you tried to look as small as possible. From the horse drawn cart you'd ridden in your father set out the bigger wares, big clocks as well as sketches of some that were too big to bring.

"Liam! How have you been?" One of the regulars greeted. He was a hunter who'd realized that he could use some of the bits you sold to fix his old guns. Your father instantly relaxed a bit, greeting him warmly. The two of them started talking as you awkwardly pet the family horse, Sugar.

As your father started to look over the hunter's guns, once again, you were startled by someone coliding with you, gripping your sleeves.

"Help me! Please please help me!" They pleaded. Your eyes widened behind the blindfold, as you silently gasped. The boy in front of you was probably only two or three years older than you. He wasn't wearing a hood or blindfold, and he matched the exact description of the boy who was taken by the royal family.

Your father suddenly made it to your side, prying the boy off of you.

"We can't help you." He said firmly, pushing you behind him. "Y/N, keep your head down." 

"But dad-!" You tried to protest. The boy was obviously panicking and scared, you didn't want to abandon him.

"Y/N! Head down!" Your father yelled. Your head snapped down. The boy let out a pitiful whimper as the sound of horses drew closer. You didn't see him try to run but you heard him tackled to the ground. You heard a crunch and a scream. You flinched, and watched your father's boots move to cover you even more. 

"Thank you good citizen. You wouldn't believe how slippery he can be." A girl's voice said, assumedly to your father.

"Glory to the crown, Princess Kiara." Your father greeted. You bowed, hopefully synchronized with your father.

"And who might this be? They sure look cute." Kiara said. You could almost hear your father flinch and you realized she was talking about you.

"This... is my eldest, Y/N." Your father said, he placed a hand on your back, guiding you slightly out from behind him.

"Glory to the crown, Princess Kiara." You quietly greeted, bowing again. 

"Aren't you such a sweetheart." She cooed. You felt a hand on your chin and suddenly your head was forced up. Your breath stopped as you found yourself looking into her eyes.

"I wonder what you look like under this ugly hood and blindfold." She said, yanking both of them off. You were frozen in fear, desperately looking over at your father. Behind Kiara, being supported by one of the guards, was the boy. He was staring at you in sadness and fear.

"Hmm. How much?" Kiara asked.

"What?" Your father said, nervously looking over you both. "What do you mean?"

"How much for them." She asked, gesturing to you. "You're obviously poor. Too many mouths to feed perhaps? Give me them and I can fix that. I can give you a title and land, enough money to support yourself and the next five generations."

Your father opened your mouth when you cut him off. "He'll do it! Give him the title and land and I'll go willingly." You offered.

"Y/N!" Your father yelled. "Don't sell yourself for our sakes-!"

"Alright, sweetheart! Y/N, was it? We'll need to get you out of these rags once we get home. Don't worry about your family, they'll be living luxuriously as long as you obey the rules. Okay?" Kiara nuzzled her face into yours before picking you up.

"Terry, stay behind to get this man's details so we can upgrade his status more easily. I'll take Niko." The guard supporting the boy, Niko, instantly handed him over before walking over to your father. Kiara adjusted her grip so she held you with one arm and gripped Niko with her other.

"Lets all go home, shall we? Your family awaits."