13 / 24

A/N: Platonic yandere. Apologies but this chapter is gonna be a little shorter because I'm burnt out from school and don't really have chapter ideas. If theres any concept you'd want to see, please let me know!

You were having a rough day. Your customer service job at a cafe was not improving it in any way. First off, your coworker never showed leaving you and your manager overworked. Second, you still had to finish that essay for English on a topic you hated. Lastly, you were being yelled at for no reason.

"Why is there ice in here?! I wanted it warm!" The man yelled at you. Because you, a 16 year old, were clearly trying to sabotage him and his coffee.

"Can I please know what you ordered? I'll fix your drink and get you a refund." You said, already reaching for the register.

"A frosty latte." It was one of the seasonal drinks being offered. It clearly came with ice in the picture because that was how it was supposed to be made.

"I'm very sorry sir but that is the drink you ordered. It states right here that it is served cold and with ice." You informed him.

"Y/N, could you help me with the change here? I'll take over for you." Your manager interupted, sliding between you and the fuming customer. You finished up with the customer he'd been assisting. Finally, the rush of customers lessened before stopping almost entirely.

At this point you were exhausted and only wanted to go home. Your manager had been glancing over at you for a while and the second he flipped the sign to 'closed' he turned to you.

"You know you can talk to me right? You seem to have had a hard day, so whats up?"

As you started to talk you felt a weight lift from your shoulders. Your manager listened intently, giving you an encouraging smile. To him, you were such a good child and someone who needed to be protected and cared for. 

Elsewhere, a man suddenly dropped dead from a slow acting poison that had been slipped into his coffee. The same coffee your manager had remade for him after he'd been so rude to his favorite employee. Let that teach people not to mess with his kid.