15 / 24

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Literally crashed the second I got home yesterday... Anyways enjoy this platonic yandere oneshot.

You sat in the airport, kicking your feet as you played with your luggage. Despite being 9 it was you responsibility to hold onto your passport, boarding pass and make sure you had all your luggage. You'd even packed for yourself, something you were very proud of.

Beside you on the bench, your parents were busy cooing over your younger sister, sparing you no mind at all. When you had been her age you'd already been expected to be in charge of yourself, which you found unfair. She'd always had you parents' attention while you'd never even had them smile at you.

"Y/N, you'll be sitting by yourself. Don't be a nuisance to whoever sits next to you. Be quiet and mind yourself." Your father addressed you. You nodded, playing with your teddy bear. Your grandma had gotten it for you last time you visited her.

When you made it to the front of the boarding line, your parents already on the plane, you'd handed the man your passport and boarding pass.

"Aren't you just so grown up! Are your parents already boarded?" He asked. You nodded, accepting the papers back and clumsily hauling your bags behind you. You found your seat pretty quickly, it was a aisle seat next to a couple who were laughing about something. 

A flight attendant helped you lift your bag into the overhead compartment and you pushed your carry on into the place below your seat. You held your teddy close as you waited for boarding to finish.

The couple beside you were still talking, the woman holding onto her partner's hand.

"You'll be alright, Alex. The chance of something happening is less than if you were driving a car." The woman said. Her partner, Alex, nodded but was clearly unconvinced.

While you didn't want to be a nuisance and risk getting yelled at, you decided offering to help wouldn't necessarily be bothersome. You tapped on the man's arm and he glanced over at you.

"If you're scared you can hold onto Teddy." You offered. The man broke out into a grin, even chuckling a bit. The woman grinned.

"See? Even this little angel knows you'll be completely fine. Thank you, Alex hasn't flown before." She said, first addressing Alex, then addressing you.

"It's okay!" You hummed, making sure to fasten your seatbelt as the safety announcement started.

"I'm Emaline and this is my fiancee, Alex." The woman introduced herself.

"I'm Y/N! I'm 9." You said. You were happy you'd met some nice people.

"Where are your parents, Y/N?" Alex asked, you shrugged.

"They're seated somewhere else. With Brielle." You informed, the plane gently started to move as it began to taxi.

"Brielle?"

"My sister. Mom and dad love Brielle." You said, double checking your seatbelt. 

"What about you?" Emaline asked.

"They say that they do, but they're always busy with Brielle." You informed. You braced yourself for takeoff. You weren't the biggest fan of flying either, but Alex had looked like he'd needed Teddy a lot more than you.

As the plane pulled onto the runway, Alex looked over at you. He shifted his grip on Teddy so he could hold your hand as the plane accelerated, speeding down the runway as it pulled into the air. You'd never had someone hold your hand before during takeoff, it was nice.

------

Over the course of the flight you'd grown attached to Alex and Emaline. They were so nice and dedicated all of their attention to you. They were the complete opposite of your parents. 

Alex had even shared his snacks with you as the three of you had watched a movie together. It felt like a movie family, so perfect and warm and loving. You wished Alex and Emaline were your actual parents.

Eventually you started to feel sad when you realized the flight couldn't last forever. You'd likely never see either of them ever again. The thought had almost made you cry until Emaline had cheered you up with a joke.

Right before landing, Emaline had offered you the rest of her cup of soda she hadn't finished. You had eagerly gulped it down, your parents never let you have soda. It was sweet and fizzy and teh feeling had made you giggle. It was right after the plane touched down that you began to feel a bit fuzzy.

"Oh dear. Alex, can you help carry them?" Emaline asked, grabbing both hers and your carry on bags. Alex nodded, handing you back your Teddy before he grabbed his own carry on. Then he took down all three of your bags from the luggage rack. Emaline took your bag while Alex carried you on his hip, carrying his own bags. 

Instead of going through customs the regular way, the three of you were met by two men in black suits who bowed.

"Miss Emaline. Your father sends his warmest welcomes to you and your fiancee..." The man trailed off at the sight of you, dozing off in Alex's arms.

"Alex and I seem to have... adopted a child. Do me a favor and make sure their biological parents won't ask any questions." Emaline said with a smile. The men nodded, one of them stepping aside to make a phone call as the other took all the bags.

You had gotten your wish, but at what cost?