t w e n t y - f i v e

"FLIGHT 2593 TO Los Angeles is now ready for boarding

"FLIGHT 2593 TO Los Angeles is now ready for boarding."

Sighing, I grab my things as well as my boarding pass before making my way to stand in the line. It slowly moves and soon enough I am in front of the cheery attendant who takes my boarding pass and wishes me a good flight.

Rolling my case behind me, I make my way through the terminal and onto the plane. Heading to the business class section, I find my seat and store my things before sitting down.

I wave off the flight attendant, who comes around with a complimentary drink, and look out of the video at the runway. People pass by me to get to their seats and I take my phone out to answer my messages and turn it on flight mode before we take off.

Messages from Thalia, wishing me a safe flight and letting me know she will be there when I land. Messages from Easton checking if I got here okay and am on the plane with a string of apologies.

I turn my phone on flight mode and store it away for the rest of the flight. Soon enough, the pilot is making pleasantries and heading for take-off.

I look out of the window as the plane starts to ascend, leaving everything behind and leaves me wondering where it all went so wrong.

I smiled as I felt his arms wrap around me from behind as I leaned against the railing that overlooked the ocean and the beach. We stood up on the balcony where all the surfers and their guests are as we wait for the heats to begin.

I turned in his arms and saw his headphones he wears to get in the zone around his neck.

"Shouldn't you be blocking everything out right now and getting into the zone?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Not everything." He pinned me with a look, telling me he wouldn't block me out, and I rolled my eyes.

"Smooth," I said, and he chuckled. "Isn't your agent supposed to be coming?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked around to try and see anyone who would resemble a sports agent.

"She is. She tends to make her own entrance," he said as he waved it off. "So, I told Atlas I would be coming back in the off season, and he told June."

"So it's official and you can't change your mind," I said as I crossed my arms.

"Wasn't planning to. Nice to know the faith you have in me," he said, and I shook my head.

"Baby steps, remember?" I reminded him and he gave me a look.

"Your baby steps are very subjective, aren't they?" he asked as he raised his eyebrows and I smirked.

"So, I finally get to meet the woman who has changed your partying ways?" we heard, and I looked over, seeing a woman in a suit walk over to us. Easton shook his head before he pulled away from me to go and greet her with a hug.