t w e n t y - s i x

"ARE YOU GOING to ignore Atlas permanently now?"

Thalia and I make our way through the farmer's market in the next town over, back to our monthly trip we take to get some locally sourced groceries. One thing I missed about being back home in my normal routine was the farmer's market. I always love going around, picking things up and picking some flowers up for myself every time we go.

I shrug. "Not forever. Just enough to make him sweat."

She chuckles, shaking her head. "He is really sorry, you know. He looks like a kicked puppy."

I sigh. "I know him and Easton are close, but it felt like he sided with Easton and kept this huge thing from me."

Thalia reaches out to squeeze my shoulder. "I know, and I'm pretty sure he would dress up as anything at the moment to earn your forgiveness."

I smirk. "I'll keep that in mind."

We continue to walk around the stalls, picking up our groceries. Days have passed since I left Easton on the tour and came back home. Thalia was waiting for me with open arms at the airport and has been great since coming back. Atlas is a different story, knowing he knew Easton's secret all along hurt, and I wasn't quite ready to forgive him yet.

I had messaged Easton as soon as I returned that I was back and not to contact me, as I needed my space. He respected that, and it's been radio silence since, but it still doesn't make it hurt less.

My days have gone back to how they used to be before I left, I would wake up and open the shop, spend my days there, work in the office in the back after hours, go diving and spending time with Thalia who was determined to not leave me alone.

You don't realize how much changes when you are away from home for so long.

People's lives have kept moving forward, so much so that when you come back and you catch up with everyone, it feels like you have been away for a lifetime.

"Is it weird being back and going back to normal life?" she asks and I nod.

"I'm amazed you were able to go from that to coming to Sandy Cove at all. The change of pace is dramatic. I was only on tour for six months and coming back and going back to normal life. It feels strange in a way," I explain, and she nods in understanding as she places some flowers in her bag.

"It's kind of like coming down from an adrenaline rush in a way," she says, and I nod.

"I think it's also the fact I spent so much time with Easton on tour to now come home and not be spending every day with him is weird, I keep waking up expecting him to be there or for me to be in a hotel room," I say with a sad smile.

She smiles and links her arm through mine. "I'll just ditch Atlas and come sleep over for a bit."

I laugh. "I think he'd fight me on that one."