e p i l o g u e

HER RED HAIR is splayed over my bare chest

Her mouth is parted as little snores come from her mouth as she hangs onto me like a koala. It's a good job I have no intentions of moving as I don't think I would be able to. I push some hair away from her face and run my thumb over her cheek as I look at her and think how lucky I am.

After finishing the surfing season as the World Surfing Champion for this year, Gabi and I made our way home to Sandy Cove straight away. I had some of my things shipped down here for the off season and soon enough I had moved in with Gabi until the season starts.

We had hidden away in our own little world for days when we got back, unpacking, enjoying being in a house together. We had gotten in a routine very quickly too, breakfasts together, coming home at night to each other, little dates here and there.

And I wouldn't change it for the world.

My shirt stretches over her small body but her curves are evident through it and as they press up against me. Her body is something I will never get enough of. I wrap my arms around her and tug her closer as I kiss her head and she lets out a soft little sigh. Letting me know she is awake.

"Good morning," she mumbles, her fingers dancing over my chest before she stretches, arching her body into mine as she does.

"Morning, Red," I offer my morning greeting.

She lifts her head, resting her palm on my chest, and she leans her head up to press a small kiss on my lips. Her eyes sparkle as we pull back and it's easy to see how much happier she has become since when I first came back over a year ago.

"Are you sure I can't convince you to stay in bed with me rather than go to work?" I ask her and she smiles, placing a kiss on my cheek.

The coffee shop was thriving, especially during the tourist season. She had been so busy to the point where I was helping out when needed.

Gabi was taking some time, unsure how to use her degree when there were no marine biologists near us for a long way. She has considered doing it herself, and publishing some papers while running the coffee shop.

"We wake up together every day. You can survive without me, for one," she says as she sits up and puts her hair up in a bun.

"That's where you're wrong," I tell her, resting my arm behind my head and she shakes her head at me. "Fine, but I think we should have breakfast together."

"Make me breakfast?" she pouts and I smirk.

"Oh Gabi, that breakfast comes later. But for now you're my breakfast," I say, pulling her back down onto the bed and climbing over her as she giggles.

After our time in the sheets, I let Gabi get ready as I put some coffee on and make a proper breakfast this time. Waiting for it to cook, I sit at the breakfast bar with our coffees and soon enough she is coming out fully dressed.