CHAPTER 7

It was a chilly monday and Ruhani was on her way to audition for Talent hunt which was to be held 2 weeks later at a grand scale in her college. Her college faculty was going to short list all the people from auditions and then the final participants were going to compete for the title of MR and MS Talented. Ruhani was craving for some stage presence and appreciation. Yup,Miss Oberoi was on her mind and she didn't forgot her goal but this is what she actually came here for.To acquire fame and platorm which Amity could gave her.If she won the title,it could blow up her social media and she couldn't miss this opportunity at any cost.She was confident in her art and experience which she honed in last 5 years. There obviously was space for more but even though with her current state,she was assured.

The auditions guidelines mentioned that the time limit was 5 mins excluding the introduction and one could perform singing,instruments,acting,poetry,monologue and pretty much anything. Ruhani was about to perform a self written monologue mixed with poetry and it's execution would also potray her acting and drama skills.She also wanted to try out her raw stand up comedy script as she knew her humour was pretty good but she didn't wanted to risk her audition with something she hasn't tried before.

She was on her way to the audition hall with Manshi,a girl she met at the poetry club.Both of them were discussing their soon to happen performances when they entered the audition hall.Their college had around five auditoriums and this one was surely the biggest.It had capacity to hold around two thousand people and half of it was already filled even though it was just mere auditions.Maybe it included participants and their familys but still they were a lot.

Ruhani quickly scanned the room and she felt her heart skip a beat.It clearly was what Ruhani couldn't believe it was.Miss Oberoi was one of the judges along an aged male professor and a woman who seemed to be in her late thirties. She felt nervousness taking over her whole body when there wasn't a single drop of sweat a moment ago.She had performed in front of double this audience way many times before. Getting on stage actually gave her a rush of adrenaline.Then why was she nervous?Was it because of Miss Oberoi? What if she messed in front of her?She was never scared of messing up before but Messing up in front of her..it wasn't a chance. Miss Oberoi already thought very low of her,she couldn't let this opportunity slide.

She was given a number badge by some sophmores and was asked to wait until her name was called.She sat down on one of the seats besides Manshi and her parents who came to cheer for their daughter. About her own parents,well....

She shoved the thought as fast as she could and started paying attention to the performances.All kind of genres,people and performances were coming up. Some of them were horrible,some of them were just okay..some of them were genuinely good but nothing up until now was phenomenal. She could feel the audience getting uninterested and most of them had their phone screens litted up now.They switched it off for a while when someone in between would perform a song or a good drama here and there..but other than that people were getting bored and it was pretty obvious.

Finally after a wait of 15 mins,her name was called.She saw Miss Oberoi hesitating and furrowing her eyebrows before calling her name.

"Uhm..Ruhani Ahu..ja. Am I reading it right?" Miss Oberoi said across the room

"Yes Ma'am" Ruhani responded

"Can you please come here to write your name on the form before heading towards the stage"

"Coming"

Ruhani handed over her phone to Manshi to record her performance and she went towards the judges.

She stood across the table and at a eye to eye distance with Miss Oberoi.

"Well,my name wasn't that complicated..Miss" Ruhani whispered eyeing her while she wrote her name on the paper

"But your case surely is,I was surprised to see your name up there..felt as if I read the wrong name" She said with a dignified expression

The words kind of pinched Ruhani.She felt an urge to prove herself more now.

"I never knew you thought so low of me" Ruhani asked with a small smile

"I never thought about you,DUFFER" Her tone was mixed with pride and pity

"Well,Now you definately will"

Ruhani said those words and went on stage.A rush of Adernaline again taking over her nervousness.

WILL BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER....