CHAPTER 23

3 MONTHS LATER

With no more College to attend,Alina woke up early and geared up for IEH's main office. It felt so good after not lying to her parents anymore. They never knew the truth that their daughter was actually being a professor at some university. For those four months when she used to teach at the uni,holding that facade was a lot for her. She used to leave in the name of office and used to actually reach the college. It was seriously tough to include all the workers of their office in this messy lie.She paid a huge sum to keep all of their mouths shut. Whenever her dad used to visit office,The managers, workers..everyone used to make an excuse in name of some important meeting or some other stuff.She joined the office and her position nearly three months ago and took over all the remaining files,meetings and tasks. Taking over such a big empire was no joke.

Everything was turned upside down in the last three months and she didn't know if she was to feel good or bad about it. Having to leave the uni was an absolute mislay of a lot of burden and she was grateful for it but why was she suddenly asked to leave the college? Why did Aviraj asked her to withdraw her lecturer-ship so suddenly? Him asking her to teach in the first place was an utterly curated execution of his plan,Then why did he asked for such a bummer? Anyways,Alina was greatful whatever the reason was.

Around seven in the evening,she left her cabin. Her whole day was jammed pack just like all the other days these past months.Handling a whole billion dollar firm was way too big transition from lecturing scholars. Her conception of it being exhausting came crashing in her face when she started working at Oberoi's headquarters. She didn't realised but somehow all the memories of her time spent at the uni,sent a wave of nostalgia in her body. She felt insides of her stomach churning. She never in her dreams thought that she would get attached to that place to this extent. Or maybe someone..

Her phone beeped. "HEY BABES"

Alina sighed looking at the screen. Her hands shivered for a second.

"Hi baby" She texted back

"Want me to pick you up?"

"No it's fine,I have got some work left in the office" She lied

"Well,After an hour?"

"I'll manage,Anyways..Maya is coming for Dinner tonight. Papa Mumma wants me there,I'll head their straight"

"You are not avoiding me again,Are you?"

Her hands unconciously turned into a fist. Her knuckles turning white.

"You know,I'll never do that baby"

"That took you a while to respond"

"My network died for a second there"

She didn't get a reply for a few minutes. Her phone chimed again from the notification.

"When are you going to talk about our engagement with your dad?"

Alina looked at the screen. "He has been busy with everything and-" She recieved another text before she could continue.

"Alina,I'm warning you for the last time & I won't repeat it again,Make it quick.." The three dots bubbled again. "Also make sure to remember,I want a Buggati chiron..A skyscrapper in California,A villa on the outskirts of delhi and a vintage exclusive collection of Solitaire jewellery. That's it for the engagement,I'll let you know about the Marriage later"

"I'll make the arrangements soon"

"Once Mr Oberoi hands over the contract of Oberoi's new land construction to my dad,Everything will be mine anyways,Still make it quick"