CHAPTER 14

Alina Oberoi was born in India but she spent most of her Initial years in Los Angeles for her Education. After completing her High school,she chose Harvard Business school as her University. Being the eldest heiress of EIH limited,she came back to India three years ago. Her dad loved foliage and that's why her family resided in a fully furnished Two acre Farmhouse,which they called SHOKHIYAT. Only half a Bigha was constructed as their mansion and rest of the acres were left for Greenery,constructed into swimming pool,waterfalls and loads and loads of Garden area. The exterior and Interior were just phenomenal.

Alina's Dad Arjun loved his daughters. He carved Alina as his successor from her childhood days and everyone knew that Alina was more than capable for holding her own ground. A lineage started by Padma Bhushan winner, Mr. Rai Bahadur Mohan Singh Oberoi was always passed on to men, And a woman being the successor wasn't sitting right with the Board members. Alina wasn't getting ready as the heiress of this mega empire because her Dad asked her to,She was doing it because she wanted to. It was high time since she was known as Arjun Singh Oberoi's daughter..She wanted her own identity and she knew she was working hard for it. She got enrolled into the biggest university on her own merit. While studying,she worked as a waiter and took tables part time during her college. As soon as she got degree and got back to India..she joined her Dad,working sidelines,gaining everyone's trust,helping employees and what not. She always enjoyed the process and anyone and everyone saw her as the appropriate successor of this mega legacy passed on by her grandfather.But this thought didn't sat right with Vikramjit Oberoi,Arjun's brother.

Even though Alina's dad was the current Chairman of the group, Her uncle was a major shareholder as well. He was reluctant on making his youngest child and only son the next chairman,But on what Merit? Just the fact he was born a boy? He had no skills,no power,no authority,none experience,not even a valid degree yet the Board members took his name into consideration. No matter how much the world educated,succeeded..Old upbringings and Misogyny won't go that easily. But Deep down Alina knew,she herself wasn't the most deserving candidate. It was Maya. Alina's cousin and Vikramjit's eldest daughter. She was four years older to Alina. Alina's role model,someone Alina idolized since childhood. Maya was a woman of her word. If people believed Alina was pretty,they should have seen Maya. Beauty herself defined her. The moment she stepped in any room,the whole air used to change. Her Aura was magnamous in it's own way. She was the best,actually she still is the best. Maya's mother died very early and her Dad being the cunt he was..slept with and married numerous women afterwards. Vikramjit's only focus was his son,so he never paid attention to his Daughter.

Maya was born and brought up with Alina and Aliya at their home,Shokhiyat. Amrita,Alina's mother raised Maya as her own daughter. All the three girls were raised together. Alina never took Maya as her cousin,she was the eldest sister,her sister. Alina loved and still loves Maya to the moon and back. To an extent that she can kill or can get killed for her. Both the sisters used to plan in childhood,how Maya would take over the empire and Alina would be her right hand. And Aliya being the passenger princess she was,always laid back in the lap of her sisters and asked for the shares. Alina's two sisters were her whole world,they always have been.

All of it changed two years ago when Maya asked for her deserving position and Vikramjit slapped her in front of the whole group of Board members. Alina was standing right there. Tears dripped down her face and she pushed Vikramjit into a wall in front of everyone. 'HOW DARE YOU SLAP MY SISTER LIKE THAT,BEHANCHOD' Alina still remember the intensity of those lines when she said them. Her nails were digged deep into her palm and her sight was completely blurr. The moment she looked back to face her sister,she was gone. Maya was gone. Maya moved out of Shokhiyat. She didn't even met anyone before she went away.Maya's room,her clothes, her belongings..everything's still the same despite herself. Since that day to today's date,Alina hasn't met her sister. She blocked Alina from everywhere. Alina tried to reach her through every way,every platform,every means but there was no way out. WAS MAYA EMBARASSED? But for what reason? Maya has always been her stepping rock and Alina tried to be the same,but she failed miserably.

That was the day,Alina announced in front of everyone that she'll be the next Heir. She decided that she'll get her sister's due respect back and since then she has never looked back. No matter if Maya blocked her from everywhere,she didn't had the guts to ignore Aliya. Aliya was Maya's child,her centre of whole world and that's one of the reason,Maya ke jaane ke baad, Alina got attached to Aliya even more. Maya texted or called Aliya once in a while but as soon as Alina took over the phone,she used to disconnect the call. Alina couldn't figure out her mistake till date but when she realised that she disrupted Aliya's time with Maya..she stopped interferring there as well.

Alina learned recently from Aliya that Maya got engaged to someone few months back. It pained her whole body and heart how her sister didn't even felt that she was important enough to even let her know something so big.Alina knew no matter how distant Maya treated her or pushed her,she was always going to love her elder sister the same.

Alina remembered all this when her eyes lingered over some roses and a box of choclate given to her by.....by RUHANI. There was a note in between which she didn't noticed before. The note was hidden in a way as if it didn't wanted to be found.

'Miss Oberoi,keep smiling and keep arching that eyebrow..you may not know but your smile is the reason for somebody else to wake up everyday. Also here's my number...9811765477, you know if you ever have doubts regarding anything,you can contact your teacher'

Alina didn't realised how unconciously she was smiling at it. She was surprised at how the other day,Ruhani sensed her mood was off. Alina was behaving the same,atleast that's what she thought.No one,like no one,not even her parents pointed that out but Ruhani did. That was not the first time she was low as such,but surely the first time when Ruhani was part of her company when she was.

This was not the first time someone presented her with gifts,but first time when someone did to cheer her up. No one ever sensed her before, giving gifts for the same was out of question.

No one ever did,ATLEAST AVIRAJ DIDN'T.