CHAPTER 15

Being an Interim professor,Alina has her weekends off. She was walking towards her Driveway where some of her family cars were parked. Rest of them were neatly stationed in their Garage. The cars which were used frequently were positioned one after another in their Driveway including her Father's Bentley Mulsanne and Mum's Audi A8. Her sister used to study in Dubai,she recently came back to India..not sure of her future,probabaly settling here only. Aliya preffered driving her Mini cooper and behind all of them..was standing tall,her recently purchased Fortuner. Alina was going to meet her friends for a brunch to catch up on all the lost days when she didn't realised how unconciously she grabbed the keys of Fortuner.

Well she bought this Black Car only cause.....

Anyways,she was already running late and going back to grab keys for another car was too much off a hassle. She ignited the engine and started moving towards the exit door when she saw Aliya playing with ROCKY,their golden retriver in the Garden. Aliya waved at her to stop for a minute and Alina did.

"Hey di.." Aliya spoke as soon as Alina rolled her windows

"Aloo..I'm already running late,if it's not someth—"

"Di,just a minute please..I wanted to talk to you about something" Aliya said,not meeting her sister's eyes

"Is everything okay?" Alina asked with concern in her voice

"Yeah,everything's fine..it's just..." Aliya continued hesitantly

"You can talk to me about anything..just go for it" Alina rested her palm on Aliya's cheek

"I invited Ruhani to my Birthday party..Is that okay with you?"

Alina was taken a back with that question. Aliya's 20th birthday was getting grandly celebrated at their home,coming Tuesday. She remembered how Ruhani mentioned 'I'll see you at Aaliya's birthday' , the last time they met. At first she was surprised at the mention by Ruhani,at the fact that Aliya invited her but she also recalled the moment when Aliya met Ruhani and how she instantly took a liking to her,so she didn't pressed much on it.

"Yeah,I'm absolutely fine with it. Why did you ask?"

"You know,you have this secret and she is your student.This party is going to be huge,everyone big or small is going to be there so–"

"It's fine Aloo..I don't think she's going to tell anyone anyways"

Without waiting for Aliya to answer,she pulled her cheeks and rolled down on Driveway towards the road through the exit gate. Alina was on her way when she realised how she almost forgot that Ruhani knew her secret. She remembered how someone other than Aliya and her friends,who were more like a family,knew about her secret. She almost forgot all of it untill Aliya mentioned it again. Ruhani never refered towards it or commented on it unless she offered to help her with her stupid plan or to let her know about some creeps who followed her after college. She never blackmailed her or made her insecure even though she had Alina's biggest insecurity right in palm of her hands. Yet she never mentioned any of it. Why was Ruhani doing all of it? How was she getting benefitted from anything? Maybe not everyone did everything for benefit. And Ruhani out of all,doesn't seem like a person to take advantage of other's helplessness. That's what Alina has realised,after knowing Ruhani whatever and however much she did.

Alina was parking her car in the basement of Ambience Mall when someone tapped on her window.

The Thin Brunette was already arching an eyebrow when Alina rolled her windows.

"Since when did you drove a Fortuner?" The Brunette asked

"I didn't know that young girl impacted you to this extent?" A chubby tall woman followed the brunette right behind.