CHAPTER 22

Ruhani ignored the feeling that was summing in her gut and quickly moved back to the auto.

"Are you okay?" Alina asked. Ruhani's anxiety must have been visible on her face.

"Oh yeah,absolutely awesome..let's go" Ruhani told Auto wale bhaiya their destination and the auto took off.

Ruhani paid for both of them as they reached their location. Alina calmly observed her surroundings. It was a loney wide lane with dim lights and very few people walking nearby.

"Uhm..Alina,do you like dogs?" Ruhani faced her professor and asked

"Yes..I do..Why?" Alina responded

"Perfect"

They walked a few steps and entered a small shelter on corner of the road. The entrance was small but as soon as they entered,The whole place came into view. All the injured,uninjured,pregnant street side dogs and pups came running to them.

"Meet the Indies,Alina" Ruhani sat on her knee and started petting all who came running towards them. Ruhani turned herself to face upwards so that she could catch Alina's reactions. The silver spoon girl must be disgusted fosho.

"It's okay Alina,you don't need to pet them if-" Before Ruhani could complete her sentence,Alina hurriedly ran towards the dogs and sat on the floor.

What was this reaction? It was something Ruhani had seen for the first time. Was Alina happy? Her face was red,almost flustered and she was smiling whole heartedly. It was as if for the first time Ruhani had seen her smile reaching her eyes. She held some pups and placed them on her lap. Their little paws on Alina's chest and their tongues licking her face. Alina was laughing. Her sensual feminine voice turning into that of a child.

Everything else was a blur for Ruhani. Her only centre of attention being a lovely woman who was currently enjoying to her heart's content. How pretty she was. Every other sound faded in background. Her focus was only on the prettiest being right in front of her. What a delightful scenery it was. It was as if everything else was animated. She saw the woman caressing their heads,Running around like a child,jumping around, scratching their stomachs,kissing their nose, catching them mid air,playing with their paws and at the end being happy.

Reality hit her. How close she was to her yet how far they were. Her eyes became glisery and a lump formed in her throat. What was she expecting? She knew the truth yet she couldn't do anything but hope for more. The most alluring,most perfect woman on the whole planet was smiling right in front of her and here was Ruhani, a simple teenager whose existence always gets unnoticed even if she passed among a crowd of some handful.

"Ruhani..Ruhani" Alina was calling for her,breaking her from her stance.

"Hanji?"

"Do you come here often?" Alina asked

"Well,it's my favourite place to be other than my farm house"

"You own a farm house?"

"Papa does Ma'am,We have twelve german shephards and a Labra there" Ruhani replied

"WOW..I have to tell Aliya about it fosho" Alina said cheerfully

"She knows,We have planned that we'll visit there together soon"

"Cool"

Alina played more for a bit. She moved around and petted all the pupps ,made some donations online for the injured and pregnant dogs and at the end they waved Bye to their Indies. Ruhani could see that it was particularly tough for Alina. As soon as they left the place,Alina was back to being her usual self. They were surely tired. The way back to their last station was mostly silent with some basic conversations here and there. Ruhani took all the stairs and Alina took all the escalators.