CHAPTER 24

Ruhani Ahuja, vice president and executive head of Poetry Club, was approaching room 72 for their weekly team meeting. As thrilling and exhilarating as it sounds,she was absolutely exhausted and drained. She was barely managing her stuff when being overburdened by the club's activities gave her long-lasting fatigue. With the club's president being absent,all the work pressure landed on her, again. She was glad that she had Manshi to help her.

She knocked on the door to see if any prevalent classes were taking place.

"Aa jaiye Mohtarma." She heard a voice and peeped through the half-opened door. Manshi was already waiting for her at the podium, and everyone was already settled.

"Sorry, Peeps, I got occupied," Ruhani said as she laid her files on the table nearby.

"You were occupied by work, or Rajneesh occupied you?" Suhani teasingly asked her, and the whole room broke into laughter. Ruhani glanced at Manshi to see if she could handle the situation, but her friend was already rolling on the floor.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Rajneesh.

Two months into the semester, and her life was already a mess. But one could say it was a mix of chaotic and good. A list of proposals followed Ruhani ever since she joined her second semester, but Rajneesh was one of a kind. He was an average Indian guy who could never be distinguished from a crowd. His curly hair,dark skin, and tallness of five feet five made him look absolutely normal. But the cherry on top were his braces, which appeared every time he gave his signature smile.

At an open mic event held at their university,Ruhani and Rajneesh were both participants in the same competition. Ruhani performed first, and her performance ended with a series of applauses and compliments. Then came Rajneesh. Back then,he chose to sing 'Breathless', and while singing, he ran out of....breath. After the event, he walked up to Ruhani and nervously asked for her Instagram ID. Ruhani took him to be among all the admirers who were complimenting her for her art, but little did Ruhani know. That's when her worst nightmare started.

One night, her phone beeped. "Hi Ruhani,kaise ho aap." Ruhani had encountered a million men like these to know where this was going. She didn't want to reply, but something in her texted back. AURAT JAAT. After two hello's and the usual 'Mai badhiya..aap kaise ho', Rajneesh asked if they could meet. Ruhani sent the screenshot and an attachment of his D.P. on her group chat with friends.

After reading the chat, or more like watching his profile picture, Arpita's unborn child had a miscarriage. Manshi,Arpita, Sneha, and Nisha warned Ruhani, but Ruhani's curiosity won over her. AURAT JAAT.

"Please akele aana" was Rajneesh's last text.

Ruhani went alone,on the front. The whole gang was following her from a seven-foot distance. They were supposed to be on standby in case anything happened. Men can't be trusted. Rajneesh took her into a corner. Little did the poor guy know that he was being stared at by four women who were ready to pounce at him at any time.

"Hyy, Ruhani, aap kaise ho?" He asked

"I'm absolutely awesome. What about you?"

"Myself...good"

Ruhani smiled..awkwardly.

"Ruhani, mujhe aapse kuch kehna hai."

"Ji,Kahiye"

"I LOVE YOU, Ruhani. Mai aapse bhot pyaar karta hoon,Will you be my...girlfriend?"

WHAT ??? How can two hello's and aap kaise hol ead lead to one falling in love? Men are so desperate, for real!!