CHAPTER 20

Ruhani's history lecture came to an end and it was the last lecture of the day for them. As their first semester was coming to an end,More and more of their lectures were getting dropped. They always got free pretty early on Thursdays. It was nearly 1 pm when Ruhani was packing her stuff and moved in front of Arpita's classroom to wave her goodbye. Eventhough both of them were literature scholars, They both had different side majors with Ruhani pursuing History & Arpita pursuing political science. Ruhani got free nearly half an hour ago but Arpita was still stuck with her Professor. Through the glass pane,Ruhani could see her cussing him. As soon as their eyes met,Arpita stood up from her bench and moved towards her before saying something animated to her professor.

She opened the door and held her arm. "Where the hell are you going?" Arpita asked with frowned eyebrows

"Uhm...home I guess" Ruhani said nervously

"You literally have never gone home this early in your life,We daily have to send you back home forcibly. Atleast lie with a bit more convinction"

"You forgot aaj kya din hai?" Ruhani asked with a weak smile

Arpita's expressions changed and it took her few seconds to realise. "OH WELL,Today's your drive with Miss Hottie?"

Ruhani nodded in response.

"Did you informed Manshi that you are leaving this early?" Arpita asked

"Oh yeah I did,she's totally fine with it"

She completely wasn't. When Ruhani texted her to inform, Manshi replied with"Andi mandi Shandi" and Ruhani with all due respect left her on seen. She'll deal with her later.

Arpita arched an eyebrow at her response but before she could respond,she felt a hand tapping on her shoulders. She regrettably closed her eyes and turned around.

"I thought you were in Washroom Arpita!!" A tall brown man who surely was her professor asked

"Guess what? You were wrong!! I never went to the washroom"

"I'll su–"

Arpita shoved her professor away and went inside the classroom. "Sir..don't waste our time,Please come & teach us"

Ruhani watched her friend waving a kiss towards her and walked away smiling.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Ruhani peeked into Alina's cabin and saw the other woman clearing her desk. She took it as an indication and went to her usual spot to wait for Alina. The same spot where she waited last time and the woman never showed up,only to meet her later at the metro station. Later during conversations,she did mention about the place she was actually waiting at.

Today after peeking into her cabin, Ruhani didn't said a word to Alina. She didn't ask if the other woman was about to come or not. Even the last time they met,Ruhani clearly imposed herself on the woman. Her professor never said that she would actually come for those drives and yet here was Ruhani patiently waiting for her. She decided to wait for her professor for next half an hour. If she came,it's well and good and even if she didn't,Ruhani was absolutely fine with it. It wasn't her decision to take.

It was november end & Ruhani's body couldn't take the chilly winds anymore. That's when a shiny navy blue Toyota Camry pulled up in front of her. Ruhani glanced in awe at the car but didn't wanted to come across as a creep and moved her eyes away. The car kept on standing in front of her. Ruhani walked a few steps away. She looked at her watch and saw that the time was almost over. That's when the car honked for the first time. Then it honked again & again.