CHAPTER 18

Alina couldn't grasp a hold of her surroundings. Her chest was operating in an up and down motion and her eyesight was blur. It was tough for her to breathe in that moment.

She felt a hand gently tapping on her shoulders.

"Are you okay Alina?" A nervous yet soft voice entered her ears.

She was afraid to look back. Something in her was stopping her but something in her wanted to face the person.

As soon as she looked back,she was met with someone who she was least expecting. The Young girl in front of her was more scared than Alina was. Was she this petrified of approaching Alina. Alina knew she intimidated her but this...

Her Student, Ruhani was standing right in front of her and her eyes weren't meeting hers even though she was the one who approached her first.

"Alina..I'm..I'm sorry to intrude..It's just I saw you crying and I..I wanted to check on you..I'm sorry..I hope everything's Fine -"

Ruhani's voice was shaking. She nervously moved her hand to place on Alina's shoulder but as soon as her palm lightly came in contact with Alina's skin,she brought her hand back.

Alina could see,The girl was Rambling trying to comfort her,giving it her all even though she was shaking as if she would have a Heart attack any given moment.

Alina was watching her,looking at her,Observing her. How her Hands moved when she was nervous,How her eyelids flickered when she was too intimidated,How her lips twitched when she struggled to form Words. HER LIPS.

Alina unconciously brought her into a Hug. A hug which unintendedly occured in some couple of seconds. She didn't realised how her Body got pressed against Ruhani's. Her grip on the girl getting stronger with each passing second. Her hands tracing her Back. She smelled nice. And So did her Hair. Ruhani's face leaned on Alina's ear. There wasn't much of a height Difference. Eventhough the girl's body was Cold, Alina felt some kind of warmth. A warmth in pit of her stomach, A warmth in her Body, A warmth in her hea-...

Alina's eyes were closed. Still closed the way, they were minutes ago when she Brought Ruhani into her embrace. She felt safe In her Arms. This was so odd and Unbelievable. Although she knew Ruhani had nothing to do with her life and could do nothing to solve her Problems,She believed if she clasped on her a little bit longer..All her problems would magically Vanish. Her Arms were...Her Arms..

She realised how Ruhani still hasn't hugged her Back and Alina moved away rather awkwardly.

None of them spoke nothing for some good Seconds.

"Alina..let's go inside,I'm sure The Night is just getting started" Ruhani smiled gently

Alina didn't noticed how her tears were dry now.

"Pretty House,Miss Oberoi. I'm sure,People wouldn't want to see it's equally Pretty owner Sobbing like that." Ruhani said while passing her a light smile before moving inside.

Alina followed behind her. They were just steps apart but as soon as she entered the hall again,Ruhani was lost somewhere in the Crowd of Hundreds Drinking,Dancing and Partying there.

She looked around. Party was resumed again. No signs of The Birthday girl and Her Family. Family including Maya.

Kashvi came and suddenly grabbed her Hand.

"Are you okay Alina...?We were looking for you" Kashvi said huffing.

"Oh yeah...I was just grabbing some fresh Air"

Kashvi opened her mouth to speak again but stopped. She sighed instead. "COME,let's drink"

They entered a corner where just Four of them were accompanying each other's company,The other two being Shanaya and Raghavi. Alina needed this for a bit. She was wondering why Kash chose this particular corner but then she noticed.