CHAPTER-03

CHAPTER-03

The dead man seemed to be in the age of early forties with a good height and build. He was wearing a black t-shirt and pajama pants.
Looked like he was ready to go to bed.
His hairs were neatly set and had his reading glasses on.

"What do we have here, hyung?" Jungkook asked as he went to the study table in front of the dead body.

"Kim DeakYun,42 years old male,was found dead this morning by his housemaid,"Hoseak said.
"At,6:30 AM,the maid went to look for him in his bedroom and found it empty,then checked this room.
The door was bolted inside and there was no answer when she knocked on the door. She felt something was wrong so she called the gardener who with the help of a passerby broke into the room and found out the body.
The maid then called the local office and then we were called,"Hoseak finished.

Jungkook looked at the documents scattered all over the table and the gun.

"Is this the murder weapon?" Jungkook asked holding up the gun.

Yongi smiled a little.
"Why do you think it's a murder, Jungkook-ah? The maid had to break the door to come in. All the windows were bolted too,"Yongi explained.

"Oh,I assumed it was a murder as the homicide detectives are here,"Jimin said with a sheepish smile.
It made rest of them laugh too.
Yongi was still looking at Jungkook with a questioning look.

Jungkook examined the body carefully this time. There were no sign of struggling,only a gunshot above the area of the heart.

"No,it can't be a suicide, hyung,"Jungkook said.
Yongi didn't make any comment and waited for Jungkook to continue.

"First,the condition of the room doesn't suggest suicide and the papers in front of him. He was still working on something when he was shot,"Jungkook said and showed Yongi the paper.
Yongi nodded in agreement.

"Then,what about the door? How did the murderer come in?"Jimin asked.

Before,Anyone could say anything,they heard hurried footsteps coming closer.

Doctor Im,the medical examiner of Seoul police department,walked into the room.

"Good morning,Doc,"Yongi greeted the Doctor who just nodded in response.

Jungkook didn't know how to behave in front of Doctor Im so he just stood aside and let her examine the body.

Doctor Im was a small and petite woman with long black hair and round glasses.
She was one of leading figures of forensic in Korea in present.

Doctor Im stood in front of the body for a moment,then started to examine the body.

Jungkook joined Jimin to search through the room. There were so many books and files on the bookshelves.
Most of the books were on economics and business management.
The files were arranged according to date.

The room room,even the house didn't feel like it belonged to the modern time. It felt like the house was from the 90s.
The man didn't have any electronic devices too.

"Hyung,do we have the personal records of the victim?"Jungkook asked as he took out a file in random and went through it.

"I called KwangHo to find ti. It will take some time,"Yongi said.
His eyes were fixed on Doctor Im who was checking the body for some external bruises.

Jungkook nodded in understanding and went back to the file.
It seemed like a file of fiances,tax and other things.

"What do you think,Doc?"Yongi asked, standing beside Doctor Im.