CHAPTER-04

CHAPTER-04

Yongi and Jungkook walked through the old style staircase and came down to the living room.

In a corner of the room in front of the window stood a tall figure of a woman of about thirty.
The woman turned around hearing Yongi and Jungkook's footsteps.
The first thing Jungkook noticed about the woman was her cold eyes that were devoid of any emotions.
Her face, unlike any Korean woman Jungkook had seen,was strong and aquiline, with a marked hardness and an almost contemptuous expression. She glanced at them, when they walked in front of her,with a cold and indifferent, and somewhat bored, look.
She was the maid,Kang Bo-Ra.

Beside the woman,stood a slender, nervous man of about thirty-five with his hair messy and his clothes somewhat muddy.
Jungkook identified the man as the gardener who was called for help.

Yongi didn't say anything to both of the people and walked towards the police officer who was guarding the door.

"Officer, how's the situation?" Yongi asked.
His tone was light as if he was just making a casual conversation.

The young officer that Jungkook had made when he came,seemed puzzled to be asked the question.

"Some reporters are here,sir,"the young officer answered.

"Lock the door and come inside then,"Yongi said and without waiting for any reply,he walked back in front of the woman.

"I assume,you're Ms.Kang,in charge of this household,"Yongi said.

The woman nodded.

"Then,can you suggest any room that can be used for our work?" Yongi asked.

Jungkook watched the woman thinking for a moment.

"There is a small visiting room that Mr.Kim uses,no used,"she said.
Her voice was soft but clear and they held a captivating effect to the listeners.

"After you,"Yongi said and they followed Ms.Kang to a room that seemed similar to the study room upstairs.
There were a couch and a tea table at the center of the room.
Few indoor plants in the corner of the room. But,unlike the study,there were no books or files here.

"Thank you,"Yongi said, sitting down on the couch.

"You guys need anything else?" Ms.Kang asked.

"No,thank you. Please,wait in the living room. We will talk to you soon,"Yongi said.

Ms.Kang just nodded and walked out of the room.

"So,what do you think about her?" Yongi asked Jungkook.

"She's okay,not emotional,maybe she and the victim never had any emotional attachment,"Jungkook said.
Yongi nodded in agreement.

"She is closer to the gardener though,"Yongi commented.
Jungkook had also noticed that.

"Are you gonna talk to her?" Jungkook asked.

"You wanna do it?"Yongi asked back.
Jungkook shook his head.

"Happy to watch and learn,"he said.

"Who should we talk to first? The maid or the gardener?"Jungkook asked.

"Let's start with the maid. Let the gardener cook for a bit,"Yongi said.

Jungkook nodded and went out to call Ms.Kang.

"Please,sit down,"Yongi said.

Ms.Kim sat in front of Yongi.
Jungkook brought a chair and sat behind Yongi.

"Do you mind if we record the conversation?" Jungkook asked, showing Ms.Kang an electric pen recorder.

"It's okay,"she replied curtly.