CHAPTER-09

CHAPTER-09

The whole courtroom went silent as soon as Mr.Moon shouted.
The jury members were shocked too.

Taehyung smirked and Seojoon smiled in happiness.
Mr.Moon stopped struggling and sat down. He knew there wasn't any hope left for him now.
The defence lawyers rubbed his forehead in annoyance. This Mr.Moon was finished now.

Soon,the people in the courtroom started to talk to each other.

"Oh,he's so vicious. He actually wanted to give his wife poison,"Mr.Moon heard whispering and pointing at him.
As a hypocrite,he hated the most when people pointed fingers at him. He looked downwards and clenched his fist.

"Why did everything has to go wrong?" He thought in his mind and glared at Mrs.Moon, sitting on the first bench.

"Mr.Moon, would you like to tell the jury members the whole story now?" Prosecutor Kim Taehyung's deep voice brought him back from his inner monologue.
He glared at Taehyung but didn't say anything.

"It's alright. I can tell it myself,"Taehyung said.

"Honourable jury members,let me take you guys back to 18th December,2023. It was a week after Mr.Moon found out about Ms.Park's pregnancy.
This whole week,Mr.Moon had been restless. He was constantly thinking about how to be with Ms.Park but still have Mrs.Moon's money. Mrs.Moon didn't know about the prenup agreement but Mr.Moon knew it. Mr.Moon also knew that Mrs.Moon is the sole heir of Mr.Park,Mrs.Moon's father's property.
Mr.Moon did a lot of thinking,then he realized that all of his problems would be solved if he just got rid of Mrs.Moon. But, divorce was never an option.
Why?
Because,Mr.Moon wanted the money.
So,the best option was to just,kill Mrs.Moon,"Taehyung stopped to let his audience to absorb the information.

The audience gasped in surprise,then angry murmur could be heard.

"Order, order. Silence in the court please,"the judge ordered.

Mrs.Moon,who,before this morning,was working so hard to free her husband of the case, couldn't stop her tears at this moment.
This man that she loved so much, actually wanted to kill her.

The others looked at her with pity.

"Mr.Moon thought that Mrs.Moon didn't have a will. So,after her death, everything would naturally go to him.
But,what Mr.Moon didn't know that Mrs.Moon have a will.
According to the will,if anything happens to Mrs.Moon, all of her properties will go to her little sister,"Taehyung said,then handed the clarks the will of Mrs.Moon.

Mr.Moon looked at Mrs.Moon in surprise. He indeed didn't know about the will. He would have never thought that his wife would leave her everything to her sister. He had always thought that his wife didn't like her sister.

"Honourable jury members,let me tell you guys some more about the two sisters.
While,Ms.Park was introverted and had inferiority complex. Mrs.Moon is the best at whatever she did in her life. Mrs.Moon went to a good college,graduated early, then took the burden of family business and is really successful at it.
Ms.Park always felt inferior in front of her successful elder sister and because of her timid personality,she didn't have many friends and wasn't also close to their father.
Mr.Park,their father,had always been proud of his elder daughter and was also very vocal of it. Maybe,that's what,Ms.Park,never thought of being close to her elder sister,"Taehyung stopped again.

After a moment,he started again,"Mr.Moon tonight carefully,then selected poison to kill Mrs.Moon. Mr.Moon went to the black market and bought the most classic poison, cyanide to kill Mrs.Moon. It was actually a clever move on Mr.Moon's side. Due to its simplicity, cyanide is harder to detect. The detectives had a hard time to connect Mr.Moon with the cyanide parchment,"