CHAPTER-06

CHAPTER-06

"What did you find, hyung?" Jungkook asked Yongi who was standing in front of the bookshelves.

"Something interesting. What about you? Did you find something useful?" Yongi asked without replying to Jungkook's question.

"No luck here,"Jungkook replied.
His hands still working on the papers he found on the table. His eyes scanned through the titles of the files carefully,then set aside those which seemed interesting to him.

Yongi also became silent in the back so Jungkook concentrated on the papers.

Suddenly,as if remembering something, Jungkook took out his phone and frowned immediately.

"What happened?" Yongi asked noticing Jungkook's disturbed expression.

"The signal is lost. No signal here,"Jungkook said showing Yongi his phone.
He suddenly remembered that there was no call or message from Taehyung. It was already 10 am and Taehyung should be in the office now.
It was weird cause Taehyung liked to flood Jungkook's phone with messages every hour,then he'd also call.

"Try calling him,"Yongi said getting the problem.
Jungkook nodded and tried to call Taehyung but the call wasn't going through.

"It's not going, hyung,"Jungkook said.

"This area is maybe out of cell phone range,"Yongi said.

"At this age?"Jungkook asked with an amused smile.

"Try connecting with the internet,"Yongi said.
Jungkook nodded again and got on his phone. But,forgot 5G, Jungkook couldn't even turned on the WiFi.

"It's wired,"Yongi said with a thoughtful look on his face.
Jungkook didn't disturb Yongi's thoughts and tried to call Taehyung again.

"Shit, hyungie must be losing his mind,"Jungkook thought.

"Hyung, should I go outside and see if I can call hyungie?" Jungkook asked.

Yongi heard Jungkook,then nodded in agreement.

Jungkook stood up and walked out of the room,then directly went to the rooftop,his footsteps were hurried as if there was something invisible chasing him.

------------•••••••••••••••••----------

"Excuse me,"Hoseak knocked on the door of the house next to the victim's house.

"Yes?" An elderly woman came out of the front door and greeted Hoseak and Jimin.

"Ma'am, we're from the Seoul police department. There was an accident in your neighbor's house. Can we ask you some questions?" Hoseak said.
His tone was polite and also,had a polite smile on his face.

The elderly woman looked at them suspiciously for a moment, then stood away from the gate.
They thanked her and walked inside the house.

The house was a typical village house.
The elderly woman told them to sit on the balcony and went inside the house.

"Hyung,this whole business seems a little fishy to me. I mean,why was the victim living in a place like this?" Jimin asked.

"You can't never say anything about people without knowing them, Jimin-ah. Maybe,he wanted to live away from the city hussel and came here for peace of mind,"Hoseak said.
In his own experience,one thing that Hoseak had learnt was not to judge people without knowing their struggle.
Everyone was fighting their own battle so no one had the rights to question someone else.

"But,it seemed more to me that he was actually hiding from someone,"Jimin said.
Hoseak had to agree with Jimin in that. He had also thought that.

The elderly woman came back with two cups of hot tea for them. Then sat down with them.