CHAPTER-10

CHAPTER-10

"I can't believe Mr.Kim is dead,"said Mr.Wang,who was the victim's personal assistant in the accounting farm the victim used to work.

Hoseak and Jimin waited for the middle aged man to calm down.
They were sitting in the cafeteria of the accounting farm.

Jimin looked around. The cafeteria was pretty much crowded as it was the lunch time.
Maybe they should have gone to somewhere quieter.

"If you don't mind can I ask what happened?"Mr.Wang asked in a polite tone.
But,the morbid curiosity in his eyes made Jimin feel sick.
Sometimes,the cruelty of human beings made Jimin really question his professional choices.

"We're assuming it to be a suicide,"Hoseak answered.
His tone was clam and collected.

"Really?" Mr.Wang made a noise of surprise that alerted both Hoseak and Jimin.

"Why? You seem really surprised,"Hoseak made a comment lightly.

"Well,Mr.Kim never seemed like one to commit suicide. Then again,he was always weird,"Mr.Wang said.

Hoseak waited for Mr.Wang to continue.
Under Hoseak's careful and attentive eyes,Mr.Wang felt nervous without any reason.

"He was actually like a robot. I'm not trying to gossip ,you know,"the short man said with a nervous laugh.

"It's alright. Please continue,"Hoseak said but his eyes didn't soften.

"Mr.Kim was really freaky about time. No one had ever saw him coming to the office after 9am or seen him working after 5pm. He never went out drinking or eating with his colleagues,not even with his clients. He never talked more than what needed to be told.
The six years I worked with him,He never asked me how I was doing nor I have ever seen him smile,"Mr.Wang took a deep breath after talking.

"How was Mr.Kim's relationship with other people in the office? Was there anyone who would want to hurt him?" Jimin asked.

"No one had any kind of personal relationship with Mr.kim,"Mr.Wang said shaking his head.

"Why did Mr.Kim resigned?" Hoseak asked.

"I actually don't know,"Mr.Wang answered looking very embarrassed.
"We all thought Mr.Kim was gonna start his own business,you know. Almost all the high-class clients we have,were actually under Mr.Kim. so,you can imagine how surprised we were when we found that Mr.Kim just retired. I mean,he was only in his thirties,"Mr.Wang said.
Hoseak nodded in understanding.
His agreement seemed to put Mr.Wang in a little comfort.

"What about Mrs.Kim? Have you ever meet her?"Hoseak asked.

Mr.Wang shook his head in response.
"Mr.Kim got married after he left. I don't think anyone from the office got invitation,"he added.

"Do you think we should talk to someone else here?"Hoseak asked.

"I don't think anyone else can tell you more than me but you can try to talk to our co-founder. He is Mr.Kim's classmate,"Mr.Wang said.

"Is he available now?"Hoseak asked.

"Well,he is in the prison actually,"Mr.Wang replied.

"Prison?" Hoseak asked to confirm.
Mr.Wang nodded in confirmation.

"I don't the exact reason but I heard he went to the prison for money laundering and tax fraudulent,"Mr.Wang said.

Hoseak nodded in understanding.
They took the information about Mr.Kim's classmate,then left the farm.

As soon as the two detectives left,the whole cafeteria broke into loud noises of talking.
Some people came to Mr.Wang and asked him about the situation.
They didn't seem sorry for the victim rather their eyes were shining with morbid curiosity.