🌀Changes🌀

Hey everybody! I'm back again with an extra long chapter this time, so I hope you enjoy! The playlist is updated<3

🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼

A boundless army of needles slit through my face at a rapid speed, ferociously colliding with the acidic streams of tears searing down my skin. The walls sang to me, screaming out an ear-piercing melody that made me want to go deaf. Artificial lights reflected off the shards covering the floor, requesting every step one took to be well-calculated or it would have serious consequences. With my back pressed against the wall, I had nowhere to go. His cold hand stroked my jawline, a pair of harsh, beady eyes glaring into right mine. 

I squeezed my eyes shut, forcing my trembling hands against the wall. I felt his hot breath feather over my face, burning in my eyes. The overwhelming smell of smoke and heavy cologne swung at me, stringing me further into the woozy state of barely conscious. Collision. His hand hit my face again. The back of my head thumped against the wall. The lights around me morphed into teeny stars, dancing around my blurred vision. 

Everyone was gone. He had driven them all away. Alex had only been there to see me get caught. Mom, she was never there. Phoenix, I didn't possess the energy to think of where she could be. Silence hurt so much deeper than shouting. Soundless judgment— no, despisement pouring down on me. 

"Stop crying, you're already pathetic enough."

I choked down a sob. 

I heard him scoff. "Tsh, and then to think I was certain I didn't raise a faggot. Such a shame."

"I—"

"You're never speaking to him again. Now stop being a fucking baby and get up." 

Now usually this would be the moment where the sad main character would narrate something along the lines of "My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach, crumbling into a trillion little pieces." But the truth is, I felt nothing. That man had succeeded in the one thing I vowed to myself I wouldn't let him. He'd sucked the final drop of emotion out of me. Leaving behind nothing but numbness. 

I flinched. His hand was on me again. I squeezed my eyes shut. 

"I said...GET UP!" 

My wrist crumbled under his tight grip, yanking me up before swinging me onto the edge of my bed. I groaned. 

A sly smirk crept up his face. "You wouldn't want me to ask Melissa where they sent her brother now, would you?"

My eyes fell on the floor, studying the dusty carpet covered in shards and splinters. I saw my gloomy reflection, cut into several pieces. God, I really did look pathetic. 

"That's what I thought," he grunted, kicking some of the shards with his foot. A loud thud was heard, followed by a hasty click.

Breathe. I could breathe.

-------

[*Lorenzo's POV*]

"Go bus-boy! You can do it!" Ashley cheered from up the bleachers, flailing her arms up and down in excitement.