4

Me and Kayo made plans the day after I'd gotten the email, since I had to tell him all about how excited I was and what this meant for me.

Leaving the house, I got on my motorcycle which was my prime investment when I was 18 and got offered any gift by a local hospital that I'd volunteered in and got a huge cash prize in return. Enzo was always envious of it and has wanted one ever since, and I always try to make him happy. Though he can't even drive one yet, I'm saving up to buy him one when he's old enough.

I drive to the café we always went to which wasn't too far away. I spot him already sitting at a table, drinking tea, waving me over. We talk for several hours, him being excited but also sad that I'm going to Spain because he 'doesn't know who he's going to annoy endlessly anymore'.

"Actually I'm surprised you're this excited at all." He says as we walk through a shopping street.

"What do you mean?" I ask, glancing at clothing items on display.

"Don't you know who plays for Real Madrid?" he asks, seeming surprised.

"What are you talking-" I get cut off by someone jumping on me. And I don't mean figuratively. Someone actually jumped on my shoulders sending me to the ground.

I yelp and groan when my body hits the ground, unable to move because of the person weighing me down. I slowly open my eyes to see eyes met with mine. I immediately recognize her and start screaming, forgetting the pain I was enduring.

She jumps up and pulls me back up, pulling me into a long hug. One that I happily return. After what felt like years we part, looking at each other.

"Erica I haven't seen you in years!" I say, cupping her face with my hands, moving her head around to inspect her.

"Oh my God, stop acting like my mom, Vina. I'm older than you too." she says with her American accent, laughing.

I turn to Kayo, almost forgetting he was there, only to see a very shocking and concerned expression plastered across his face. Laughing I start explaining the situation. I met Erica in the orphanage I used to live in before I moved out and became Enzo's legal guardian just so he didn't have to be there any longer. It was a rough few years and even though Erica was three years older than me, we got along amazing and she was like a sister to me, which I sometimes really needed instead of an annoying younger brother.

Lorenzo wasn't super excited to see her whenever we would hang out, but deep down he really loved Erika and saw her to be his mother figure, especially after lacking one for so long. She wasn't from the UK, which was obvious. She moved here from New Jersey with her family when she was 16, but lost them the day they arrived in a train accident, leaving her without a home. It's something both of them connected over. Not many of the orphans had known their parents before they died, so Erica, Lorenzo and Davina became very close just by that connection.

"It's nice to meet you Erica." Kayo said, shaking her hand and kept his hand in hers for a suspiciously long time.

Though he received the same energy from Erica, her eyes lingering on him a bit too long when he had left for training.

So me and her walked around town, catching up on everything and me telling her about my job seemed to upset her, since she couldn't see me very often. We talked for hours on end, telling each other every little detail going on in our lives until it was dark and I had to go home to pack for my trip, which was in two days. We hesitantly parted ways, promising to stay in touch.

VINAVASQUEZ

Liked by Erika

Liked by Erika.MOOORREE, bukayosaka87, ENZOVASQUEZ and 11,433 others

VINAVASQUEZ MY GIIRRRLLL REUNITED I MISSED YOUUU <3

Tagged: @Erika.MOOORREE

Erika.MOOORREE missed you too babes and have fun in Spain!!
-davinasimp HUHH???
-davinasimp I think I missed a chapterrr
-user.suckurmum GURL spill the TEA

Bukayosaka87 Where's my picture then?? Didn't miss me? :(
-VINAVASQUEZ I don't need a post to show you appreciation <3
-bukayosaka87 yeah good save tho
-erika.MOOORREE aww someone's jealous
-bukayosaka87 🙄