8

JUDE

"Aright guys tomorrow our new physiotherapist will arrive. Make sure you welcome her with open arms and make her feel at home-" coach says before getting cut off by one of the guys.

"Oh yeah I'll definitely make her feel at home." Earning groans from everyone else, he's sent to do laps around the stands, making me chuckle.

"Anyway, don't work yourselves up too much, we have a game coming up and I wouldn't want any of you to injure yourselves," he says before sending us off to the changing rooms.

"What do you think she looks like," Ferland asks as we walk in.

"I hope she's hot," Luka adds, making me cringe.

"Nah she's probably some average old woman, I mean, no young girl gets to work in Real Madrid, except for Jude then," Nacho laughs, earning a punch from me.

I lean back in my couch, finally being able to relax after a long day. I'm just scrolling through YouTube when I see a very familiar face in one of the videos.

VINAVASQUEZ: A DAY IN MY LIFE (+my annoying brother) 204,563 views

She looked a lot different than I last saw her but still ugly to be honest and just because I was bored and was curious, I clicked on the video, immediately regretting it as I was already getting bored after the intro.

Her face suddenly came on screen and for the next fifteen minutes all she did was talk and talk with her irritating voice and weird facial expressions. I remember how I never failed to bully her for it. I found myself smiling, thinking about how funny I used to be at those times.

I looked back at the title. Her brother. Lorenzo. I was very fond of Lorenzo despite my hatred towards his older sister. Though our friendship wasn't based on Lorenzo's past, I could never get my head around how much trauma he went through at such a young age, losing firstly his baby sister and father, and then only three years later his mother as well.

I knew what it was like to have parents and a younger brother and I couldn't imagine the pain he went through, but I hoped that he was doing better now. Davina had explained that he was offered a scholarship in Puerto Rico and I couldn't help but be proud of him for it. To be honest I was excited for him because I couldn't imagine having to live with such an annoying sister all the time.

The next day I only had training in the evening, so I'd spent my day just sitting on the sofa watching white chicks for the millionth time. Though I'd never admit it, it's one of my favourite movies of all time. I was just arriving at the stadium, quickly greeting the crew and making my way to the changing rooms.

"Hey Jude!" Lucas sings, making me roll my eyes at him.

"Bro have you seen the new therapist. She's so beautiful," Aurélien says, looking as if he's in love.

"Yeah but she's way out of your league though, but you're right," Fran adds.

I just shrug it off, get ready and I'm the last to head to the field. Bag in hand I turn the corner, accidentally bumping into someone, causing their stuff to fall from their hands. As I'm about to drop my stuff and help them, I glance down and catch a glimpse of a gold necklace. Not just any necklace but one I'd only ever seen on one person.

"Vina?" I ask, wishing deep down it wasn't her. It hadn't been long enough since I saw her. I could go another eighty years. She quickly stands back up and her brown eyes finally meet mine.

"Jude," she replies, that annoying voice once again slipping out. Though I'd heard it on my phone only yesterday, I'd forgotten how terrible it was in real life.

"What are you doing here?" my voice low, not amused at all.

"I'm the new physiotherapist, what are you doing here? Also, don't call me Vina, it's Davina to you," she replies.

Oh my days, this is who Aurélien was talking about? I cringe at his words. I'd at least think he had some taste in women but after hearing that my expectations lowered tremendously.

"I'm a player obviously," I answer, pointing at my shirt. How dumb is this girl?

"I thought you signed for Dortmund."

How'd she know that? "I see someone's been keeping tabs on me," trying my best not to call the police and tell them I have a stalker and she's following me into Spain.

She rolls her eyes. It surprises me how they've never just stuck there permanently.

"And I see someone's as annoying as they used to be," she snaps, "I need to go, it wasn't nice seeing you." She then proceeds to just walk away, leaving me there, confused how she even became successful enough to get a job in Real Madrid, surely she used some other maneuver to get in. God knows she couldn't afford to bribe her way in.

Scoffing, I enter the pitch, now pissed off and ready to punch someone. I couldn't handle this extra stress on my mind. I have several games coming up and cannot afford to be distracted. I throw my bag down and start to run up and down the field, surprising everyone around me until Nacho runs alongside me.

"What's going on with you? You usually spend at least fifteen minutes on your phone before getting active," he asks.

I wanted to tell him the truth, but couldn't get myself to do so. I didn't want this rivalry to get between her and the other players, nor did I want to make it known to the world that someone I hate has to inspect me everyday for bruises. Also, I needed to keep my career here as professional as possible and couldn't let my past get in that way, so I lied.

"Oh nothing, my energy's just feeling up today, I haven't moved all day," I answer, Nacho still clearly not convinced, but shrugs it off anyway.