21

I had just landed at the airport when I got a message from the team saying a car would come pick me up and when I walk out the gate, I immediately recognize who was here to pick me up.

"Armando!" I yell, going for a hug which he gladly returns. Usually I'd never do that but I was in a good mood today.

"Good to see you again miss Vásquez, may I take your bags?" He says, grabbing my luggage and bringing them out to the car.

I hop in the backseat, already going on about how my time in England was, maybe even oversharing but at the moment I didn't really care and he was even feeding into the drama, making me laugh every time he would gasp at something.

After about thirty minutes, we arrived at the stadium already feeling a sort of nostalgia as I entered the building, saying goodbye to Armando before he took off. It was exactly how I'd remembered it, knowing each turn and where everything was.

I headed up to the cafeteria expecting the team to be there, but to my surprise it was empty. Looking out the window, I saw them training, making me smile as I'd missed the view.

I ran out the cafeteria, sprinting down the stairs, careful not to fall and run down the corridor, as if I was running from a lion. I then reach the pitch, already getting weird stares from a few players who'd heard my shoes hit the concrete. That was until they realized it was me, getting huge grins on their faces and running up to me.

The first person I reached was Aurélien, holding me in the air like a trophy. Then the other players individually hugged me, leaving no space to breathe. Only then did I realize how much I'd missed the feeling. Even though I loved England and my job, I wished things had stayed the same and I would still be here, caring for them

We all talked for a while, me just spilling drama as I'd done to Armando, also getting a lot of feedback and complaints.

"You alright Davina," I hear from behind me, seeing Jude walk in, bag and shoes in hand.

"Hey Jude," I say, refraining from singing.
When he's out of reach, some of the guys moving closer to me.

"Girl, what happened?"
"What do you mean?"

"You not throwing a sword at him, that's what he means. Since when are you besties?" Aurélien says

"Not that we're complaining, I mean, you guys are endgame but who would've thought," Garcia adds.

"Nothing happened, he just apologized and it seemed genuine so I eventually forgave him that's all,"

"Yuppie! Finally you guys can get along," Aurélien chips, causing me and Garcia to glance at each other before bursting out in laughter.

The game was today, and I was one again in the VIP box, getting ready to start the broadcast while chatting with Naomi.

"Hey how about we go out tomorrow night, I know the best club in Madrid and some of the boys can come too, please," she says.

"Yeah sure, I'll ask them. Let's just hope the game goes well today," I laugh, focusing on the field, where the players are warming up.

"Alright miss Vásquez, we need you outside with the press," someone said.

I followed him to the pitch, a camera joining me, ready to roll as I stood beside the grass.

"Hello everyone I'm Davina Vásquez and on today's video were here in Madrid, Spain ready to interview the Real Madrid players as well as getting to know them better. We will-" I got cut off as a football hit my head, launching me forward.

I feel someone behind me grab my waist, pulling me back so I wouldn't fall.

"Sorry about that darling," he says. Of course it's Jude.