14

It was my first day at my new job and I was already more nervous than ever. As I stepped off my bike, heading to the building, someone bumped into me and I could vouch that it was not my fault. 

I felt the cup of coffee they had been holding pour onto my shirt. Thank God I wore black today. That didn't change the fact that it was super hot so I just stood there, helmet in hand and ready to punch up the one that ran into me.

I look up, only to see a very familiar face. No, not Jude. It was Kai, the guy I met on the plane when I was going to Madrid.

"Davina," he said. Wow, I didn't think he'd remember me.

"Kai, what are you doing here?" I ask, forgetting about the coffee for a second.

"I work in this building," he points behind me to the firm, "what are you doing here?" 

"Same. I just got a job here,"

"Oh, sorry Madrid didn't work out for you," he says in a comforting tone.

"Thanks Kai," I reply, it being silent for a while.

"Well, sorry to take off, I'm already late. And I'm really sorry about the coffee, I'll treat you to some later, alright," he says quickly, running off leaving me with a wet shirt and soaked papers.

"So, this is the table you'll be working at," Vanessa, one of my colleagues says, gesturing to a long wooden table where already a few people were seated, focused on their computers.

"Hi, I'm Eliza, nice to meet you," one of the people says, sticking her hand out for me to shake.

"So, yeah that's the tour, have fun, I'd say," Vanessa finishes, seating farther down the table.

My task here was the media management and seeing as I was already very busy with YouTube and other stuff, I had no problem fitting in the group. I still wasn't sure what my actual role was in the firm, but figured that would become clear over time.

And although it was nothing as grand and relaxing as Madrid, I still enjoyed my time there, meeting some new people.

As I was walking to go to the café a few floors down, I was met with Kai, who was already in the lift.

"Hi," he said.

"Hey," I reply, walking in.

"So how's your first day been?" he asks, breaking a moment of silence.

"Good yeah, I'm enjoying it," I asnwer.

"Though it's nothing like the Madrid life right?" why's he asking that?

"No, it's not, but it's still fun," I chuckle, fake of course.

When the lift open, we walk out and he invites me to a table. I thought maybe I should give him a chance.

We start talking and surprisingly, we have a lot in common. Though I didn't know him that well yet, I could see he was a genuine guy and we got along pretty well.

Then when I decided I should get some more work done, he walked me back to my floor but before we sorted ways he stopped me.

"You know I'm still really sorry about the coffee,"

"Oh no, don't worry about it, really," I say, turning away to walk back.

"Would you maybe like to go for dinner sometime?" He asks so I turn back around, seeing him nervous makes me chuckle.

"Sure," I answer, with a grin on my face.
"Alright, how about Saturday night, seven o' clock?"

"See you then Kai," I say, finally walking back to my table.

Somehow I couldn't contain my smile. I hadn't gone on a date in a while and felt excited to because I really liked Kai.