Chapter 11

Samuel never took sick days; he couldn't pinpoint why, but he suspected it might be a habit ingrained from his lengthy military service. So when he woke up this morning feeling warmer than usual he knew it was going to be one of those days.

"You look like shit mate," Mike comments as Samuel wearily enters the dining hall, his nose red and eyes heavy. "Well, I suppose you haven't checked the mirror this morning," Samuel retorts, instantly regretting it as he lets out a nasty cough and his throat aches in response.

Grumpily, Samuel positions himself on the sofa, sensing the heavy burden of his neglect taking its toll. His muscles ache with irritation, and his throat feels like he swallowed thousands of tiny pins and needles, he couldn't breathe out his nose.

His eyes and body grew heavier by the second, shutting down with no chance left. Samuel leaned his head on the back of the sofa, and he was out cold.

It wasn't until Samuel felt cold hands pressing against his hot neck that he awoke. He'd had a bead of sweat covering his forehead. "Sam! You're awake, you're sick as a dog. Why didn't you call me?" Nalani exclaimed, her body practically hovering over his. Samuel could only let out a low groan and lazily remove her cold fingers pressing against his warm veins.

Nalani sighed heavily. "You're a deep sleeper when you're sick, I see. I've been trying to wake you for minutes," she commented, grabbing his arm. "Come on, it's time to get you home," she said, exerting all her strength to lift him up.

Initially, Samuel found it cute watching Nalani attempt to lift him, knowing full well she couldn't. However, the desire to go home and sleep in his comfortable bed compelled him to put her out of her misery.

By the time Nalani got Samuel into his apartment, Samuel was completely delirious. While fetching him a glass of water and the medicine she had brought, she was startled by the sound of him tripping over his own feet while attempting to strip off his clothes.

"This is embarrassing," Samuel groaned.

"You don't have to shy away from me! You can always call on me for help" Nalani said, attempting to hide her growing mirth. "You're going to get sick if you keep coddling me," Samuel mumbled, his cheeks turning rosy pink, as if the love of his life hadn't just witnessed him fall like a complete dumbass in his boxers."You're just going to get worse if I don't," Nalani replied as she tucked him in.

"I feel horrible," Samuel confessed and Nalani's heart melted. She felt like she was discovering a new part of Samuel that was soft and vulnerable. Nalani patted his chest softly, "I know sweetheart, I know,"

As Nalani stood to let him rest, Samuel grabbed her wrist. "Stay with me?" He asked, raising the bed sheet wide enough for her to slide in next to him.

"Of course, as long as you like," she replied with a smile.

When Samuel woke up again he found Nalani curled up beside him. The soft rise and fall of her chest, and the peacefulness on her face made him swoon. "She's so beautiful," he thought to himself. Samuel placed a soft kiss on her forehead before closing his eyes again.

Samuel could stay like this forever. Not sick but in love. He believed he could stay in love with her forever.

✧˖°🌷📎⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚
Thank You for reading!
Please vote + comment!
Sorry for the long wait, my computer of 8 years died and the new one isn't here yet. T_T  RIP </3