Chapter 15

The firefighters in their uniforms, gather in the fire station backyard on a scorching spring day. They've set up a hose connected to a hydrant, creating a refreshing arc of water. Laughter fills the air as they playfully douse each other, finding relief from the heat.

"Nalani! Want to join in the water fight?" Mike teases.

Nalani's eyes light up with excitement, and she nods eagerly. Sensing her enthusiasm, Mike swoops in and effortlessly lifts Nalani off her feet, cradling her in his arms bridal style. She lets out a surprised yelp, but her laughter blends with the sound of spraying water. 

"Mike, what are you doing!" Nalani giggles through her concern. If he was up to something nefarious, she knew Samuel was going to rip him a new one.

But before Mike can respond, Samuel's presence is felt before he is seen. Samuel who had watched the entire scene unfold with a mixture of concern and jealousy. He strides over to Mike and Nalani, his voice filled with annoyance.

"Mike! Put her down, you're going to hurt her!"

"Don't worry Sam, Lani's in gooood hands." Mike says playfully as he does two full squats with Nalani in his arms.

"Don't call her that!" Samuel snaps. 

Mike's playful expression fades as he realizes Samuel's genuine concern, and he sets Nalani down gently, careful not to let her feet touch the wet ground. Nalani's laughter continues as the water soaks them all.

Just as Samuel exhales in relief, his concern morphs into determination. In a surprising turn, he scoops Nalani into his strong arms, mirroring Mike's earlier gesture. Nalani's eyes widened with surprise, a mix of joy and confusion painted across her face.

"Oh, Samuel, you don't have to prove anything! I'm fine, really!" Nalani smiles as she wraps around Samuel's neck.

"I'm not proving anything. Just making sure you're safe." Samuel says with a hint of a smile.

As Samuel carries Nalani, the playful water fight resumes. Mike and the other firefighters cheerfully splash water around, their laughter filling the air. Nalani enjoys the friendly chaos, her heart warmed by the attention. 

✧˖°🌷📎⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Please Vote + Comment!