Chapter-2 : Seniors

(⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)

We are all enjoying our lunch and everyone keeps telling me interesting things about each other and about the university, but suddenly a figure approaches our table.

"Ple..." he called her and there were 3 more people behind him.

"Ow.. Phi.." Ple smile at him as he  pats her head lovingly.

The voice of the person standing behind him came.

"Who's this new face, we have here?" The person asked.

Hey there hyeong Aek

They asked for joining our table then settled down. Ple and others greet them with 'wai', I also follow them.

I just gave them a tight smile so as not to reveal any other emotion before turning my  focus back on my food.

"Are you not gonna introduce yourself to your senior, Nong.", I heard the person  Ple called Phi, said.

"I'm Rain. I am new..." I said with a bored expression, looking directly at him.

His eyebrows rise as high as they could. Clearly in surprise and irritation with my response.

"Is that how you talked to your senior..." he barked "Show some respect..." he added, giving weight to the last words.

But before I could say anything Ple started talking.

"Phi, let me introduce you to him. This is Rain, 2nd year and he just joined our university. Today is his first day and Rain, he's P'Som, a 3rd year  senior and my cousin, this is P'Lian, P'Aek and P'Payu, 5th year seniors..." She said with her beautiful smile.

What a 3rd year student doing with 5th year students, hm?

I'm lost in thought, but then this person's voice force me to come out.

"2nd year. Hm? Why did you change University in the middle?" He raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms across his chest.

Shit, what a noise person he is.

I said in the low volume, making sure he doesn't hear this.

"Stop it! Som..." Another person said a little loud voice, making me snap my head in that direction to see a familiar face I had seen so many times in photos.

'hyeong Lian'

Som turned his attention towards the owner of the voice and made me sigh in relief because I'm starting to get annoyed by this senior.

"You're making him uncomfortable. Focus on your food." the same voice said, making others laugh at that.

"Nice to meet you, Rain. If you need any help, you can ask us.." Then  turn to me and said ignoring Som's whining.

I smiled.

"Thank you. But I don't want to trouble you.." I replied.

"Don't worry, as your seniors, it's our duty to help you..." he said calmly and loud voice for everyone to hear.

Nice

He's still the same, responsible and caring.

Then I noticed, his eyes, he was sitting opposite of me and eating his usual same dish. I don't know why he never got bored with it, sitting still without any expression, as if someone told them not to smile. You know the game.

Okay...

But I still pretend like I didn't notice at all, the  glances he gives me from time to time.

Others also lost in chat and I just smiled at them or gave a small response, internally relieved that they're not bothered with my behaviour except one of course.

I really don't understand what his problem is.

I look at others and then my eyes met his, his eyes shines and his expressionless face suddenly became soft and his lips curve into small smile.

But just for a few moments and then changes into the same as before, of course everyone is too busy chatting that they didn't notice.

But the few moments enough to make my heart skip a beat.

He's the only person who is not curious about me like others.

I feel my cheeks started to burn by his look,  I lowered my face suppressing my smile. Then looked  once more to find if he was still looking. But  thank God, he's not.

~Ding~

My phone ring, warn me about the notification. I took out my phone and open the message.

'Your cheeks is red 🍒😏'

I can feel his smirk even though his face didn't show any expression. He is enjoying this situation, but I'm not 😒.

'Fuck off 🙄'

I replied.

"Who are you busy chatting, Rain. Your girlfriend 😁" Sig asked, I can see the excitement and curiosity in his voice.

"No.. it's from home."  I replied.

Then Sky suddenly asked "Ah, you didn't tell us anything about your family." But as soon as I heard this question, I felt nervous.

I opened my mouth but no response came out. It's like words stuck in my throat, my throat feels dry and it becomes difficult for me to breathe and my hands are shaking in fear,  I looked at him.

He's watching me with concern. Just concern and I really want him to hold me in his arms until i forget everything, But I can't.

"Deep breaths, relax" Del suddenly started caressing my back continuous "Drink some water, you will feel better.." She gives me water. Others started worried about my situation.

I nodded at  her, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath before drinking some water. He was still looking at me and I smiled at everyone, but especially to make him reassured that I'm really okay now.

"I'm okay now. Thank you, Del.." I responded and Del smiles.

They are really nice, their eyes looked at me in concern or smiling, nodding me like telling me that 'its okay, no need to be afraid.'

A genuine smile appears on my face for the second time in this day.

So I started to tell them about my family.

"I'm the youngest son in the family, I've an elder brother and My parents currently in the states so I'm living with my elder brother.." I didn't get into details, this much information will be enough.

~Ding~

My phone ring again and I already guessed whose this message from.

'Well done, babe♥️'

I smiled at the message.

********

Happy Reading 😺

Don't Forget to

•Vote and Comment your thoughts•