Chapter-7 : Continue...

🌪️🌧️

I try to speak but when I open my mouth, words get stuck in my throat, so I shut my mouth and lower my head, hoping for 'i don't know what' but there's hope.

"It's been a year, Eul. I thought you would be happy or hugged me the moment I showed in front of you or asked me how I was, but your expression said 'i shouldn't be here'..." he whispered turning to face me,
"You didn't even come home. That was okay. But, you didn't wish me on my birthday. Why, did I do something wrong to?..."

I just kept my head low, looking down at my fingers over my thighs.

I didn't look up even when I felt his stare on my face, like he was trying to understand, what's going on in my mind.

When I didn't answer, he continued,

"You are frequently talking to Saifah, mom and dad, but why not me. I waited, every day, for your call, even a single message and give you call and text every day, hoping somehow you will answer it. But you didn't. I can't take it anymore. Just tell me what I did wrong and for what you are giving me this punishment. What I do to make you this angry with me...."

Tears fell down my cheeks and before I knew it, Payu's hand touched my cheek to wipe out it.

I expected him to remove his hand after that. But he didn't, he rested his hand on my cheek, making me turn to look at him in shock.

I Looked into his eyes that I always loved and lost myself. What is he doing? Has he even realised how difficult it makes for my feelings to stop?

But I couldn't help but whimper what I saw in them.

Sadness, Pain, Frustration, and disappointment. But Why?

So I closed my eyes not able to hold the eye contact anymore until I felt his heated breath over my lips.

I opened my eyes expecting him to look into my eyes, but he didn't.
His eyes was on my lips. His breath came out low mingling with mine.

Then his eyes met mine, staring into it, waiting, like asking for permission and without any hesitation and thoughts, I just nod, give him permission.

For Anything.
For anything he wants to do to me.

Maybe you think I'm insane, you can say that cause that time, my mind left me.

He leaned down and brushed his lips against mine, gently and then pulled away.

"I love you, Noeul..." he mumbled and rested his forehead on mine and then kissed my eyes, backing away.

We have said a million times 'I love you' since we were born or from the moment we talked.

But this time it was different. This felt different.

Is this even real, am I dreaming.
I'm still collecting my thoughts,

'did he just said, he loves me' or I'm hallucinating, is my mind playing tricks with me.

But he kissed me, You won't kiss your best friend on the lips and confess your love for them.

But I was too frozen to realize what was happening until my eyes widened in the realization of what had just happened.

He suddenly stood up and started to leave.

'wait, where is he going, oh no, he can't leave like this, without explaining'

I stood up and ran after him calling out his name. When he turned,

I hold him tightly and crashed my lips to him for a bruising kiss.

Releasing everything I felt for him, in that one kiss as much as I could.

There began our journey, our relationship, our love.

We were together 🌪️🌧️❤️

From that moment to till now ❣️

But when our get to know our relationship, I realised how much he loves or waited for 'us' , it was not just me.

Let me tell you how our family knows......

I didn't know how long I sat there mindlessly seeing the photos until I heard footsteps coming closer to the room.

I snapped out of my daze, closed all the albums I have taken out, stuffed them all together and rushed to put them in the closet.

Let's talk about our 'caught' moment some other time.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the room to see Payu standing on the day his.

He walked toward me his lips curled into a smile, "Saifah went crazy, why didn't you come down..." he stepped closer, raising an eyebrow making me take a step back.

"Sorry, let's go..." I shrugged.
"Were you crying?" He stopped me on my tracks.

"No..." I denies.

"Then why are your eyes wet.." he questioned while touched my eyes.

"Just remembered something..." I exclaimed.

He took a step forward and then peck on my forehead.
I closed my eyes on his touch, then he stepped back and then he held my hand, took me downstairs for dinner.

"I thought, you both not coming for dinner..." Saifah hyeong taunts us.

We all sit down around the table and started having our dinner.

"So, Ghost boyfriend, huh..." Payu mumbled with a straight face.

"What?" Saifah confused by Payu's words.

"Nothing hyeong, don't listen to him.." I stared at him , gestures him to 'shut up'.

But he looking at me like he didn't understand.

He's not gonna let it slide, "I just repeating the words I heard.." I explained calmly.

Saifah hyeong listening with interest.

"And I'm trying to let leeches understand that I'm not a ghost.." i said with a pout and suddenly he pecked on my lips, that left me in surprise and flustered.

"Bastard, did your brother invisible to you.."

"Hm, you disappeared for a moment actually, didn't you know 😏..." Payu chuckled then we continue our dinner.

***********************

Happy reading 😀

Don't forget to

• Vote and comment your thoughts •