Chapter-16: Family Confrontation

🌪️🌧️

The video recorder in her hands in front of her face, stiff and the smile on her face replaced with complete shock.

You're thinking, why she has a video recorder in her hands, right.

Actually she is used to being a famous photographer, photography is her passion. Her work won lots of awards.

But she retired when she found out she's pregnant. But her passion didn't die or not Dad let it.

She captured all the beautiful and important moments of every one of us.

I told you our parents kept us away from the limelight and publicity cause they want us to live as normal kids.

So she always carries her camera with her. Because she once told me that every picture and video has a hidden memory and she wants to share it with the next generation of us, means when we four get married, she shares these memories with our kids.

At that time I feel hurt every time I think Payu Hyeong gets married to someone one day and I always pray that day never comes, not until I get over from him.

But by time pass, my feelings are getting deeper and deeper for him, it doesn't make any sense to me that time and I know you think I'm selfish, but I don't want to be hurt, I'm trying to save myself, like every one does.

But now he's mine...

But now the thing I'm afraid of, I just saw it, in her eyes, 'disappointment'

"Both of you, come down, NOW..." she gives weight on the last word, her eyes travel between me and Payu, her hand drops.

When she turned her back and left the room and I released the breath that I was holding.

We both look at each other but stand up, come out from the room and get down to the stairs.

"Noona..." when we both reached the living room, I was surprised to see my older sister standing there.

Because she is going to come tomorrow, not today when we just got in trouble.

"Did you miss me, my little bunny...." She hugged me, her smile telling me that Mom hadn't said anything to her about what happened in the room.

"...." I just replied to her with a smile, even though I am happy for my Noona but the situation is not in my favour.

"Let's eat first..... You might be hungry Jiah...." Mom said she is still not meeting eyes with us nor does she have her usual smile on her face.

This atmosphere is stiff, awkward and heavy that it makes me suffocated.

We don't want to provoke her anymore, so we decided to take our seats silently but me and Payu are the one silent, Saifah and Jiah are talking happy. I'm just giving short answers, right now I'm not in the situation to make conversation with them.

"Your father is on the way...." Mom said in a flat tone but still not looking at us, me and Payu giving a glance at each other and understanding this message for us.

"Dad?.... but why mom?.... Didn't he say he has important projects to do...." Saifah hyeong asked surprisingly.

"Cause I asked him to come.... Something needed to be discussed...." Mom's cold voice makes everyone go silent and doesn't dare to ask anything anymore, but it doesn't mean the other two people are not curious, but they are still waiting for an explanation.