10. The Morning After

Author pov,

"Why are you sleeping there?" I asked him.

"I can't sleep on the bed with you , as it's may be uncomfortable for you, I'm not used to sleeping on the floor, neither can I stay in the guest room hence I'm here on the couch " he said, turning to look at her.

"But why can't you sleep on the bed?" Eshana asked him, perplexed.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. What if I accidentally touch you or hug you in my sleep ?" he asked her.

" I won't mind" she replied.

" Huh?" He confused and shocked.

"It won't happen, you don't need to worry about my comfort, because I don't feel uncomfortable with you Armaan. You've already done a lot for me and I don't want you to be uncomfortable. If you are not comfortable sleeping on the same bed as me then fine I'll sleep on the couch , you sleep on the bed" she said, moving towards the couch .

"No it's not that I'm not comfortable Eshana ... It's just everything around me it not as I have excepted neither the situation in which we got married. For the world we are husband and wife, but we know we are nothing more than boss and employer. I thought you won't be comfortable while sleeping next to a mere secretary of yours . I don't want you to feel that I'm touching you or taking advantage of you" he said.

" Armaan you already know about my feelings towards you, I trust your intentions, also I have put the clause likewise in the contract, so it's you and your comfort, so if you have issues in sharing a bed with me then, I will sleep on the couch. So now get up and sleep on the bed . "

"Sorry... Eshana ... I can't let you sleep in the couch, I don't have.... problem " he said but he murmured something under his breath which didn't reached her ears.

"Huh?" she looked at him in confusion.

" Nothing I ... think it's getting late we should sleep now " he said, awkwardly.

"OK " she said, smiling.

" I want a leave tomorrow. " he said walking up to her and as they sat in either side of the bed.

"Why? .." she asked although she knew she shouldn't interfered in his personal life, but she couldn't stop herself. He looked at her direction. When she looked up at his face looking at her blankly, she said .

" Actually I thought to organise a reception party to invite the office members and some of the important business oriented people..... "

When suddenly he said something making her stop.

" Someone very special to me, believes a lot in Devi Durga , she once told me that I am the blessing she got from her and always took me with her to take blessed from durga ma before any new journey or smaller or bigger achievements ."

She didn't asked him about the person, but keenly listen to him as he continued.

" So I always go to temple for doing puja, whether I achieve anything, suffer or start something new, though this is a contract marriage but it is a new journey in our lives, even if this relationship doesn't held much importance for you, still I want to start with the blessings of Goddess Durga. We both are needed for the puja, but I didn't wanted to bother you , by asking you to accompany me to the temple for puja leaving your work just because of a contract marriage. It will take almost a day because the temple is three hours away from here, and also puja with also take a hour or two. "

She at him with an unknown emotion, which herself was unaware of, but she quickly hides it, not wanting him to notice it.

" Yeah I am giving a day off, I will organise the party on the weekend then. Because this week we have to go for an important meeting, I have to sign the tender for the new project with some important and famous companies." He nodded and said,