Chapter 3 - Resentment

Akshit's Pov

"No, not possible," I said.

She remained silent, offering no reply. Her flashlight now illuminated the other side.
I switched on my phone's flashlight to search for the light switch in the hall. Turning on the light, I discovered the face of an unknown woman in our house. I didn't recognize her.

She wore pajama pants and an oversized T-shirt, barefoot. Her black, wavy hair cascaded smoothly, framing a face that bore the soft glow of confusion. Her hazel eyes sparkled like stars on a clear night, holding untold secrets. Her brown skin had a golden touch, illuminating. The gentle curve of her lips and her eyelashes all contributed to a beauty that transcended mere physical appearance.

"Who enters their own house like that?" she asked.

I was startled. The voice, her voice-I recognized it. The same voice that had affected a part of my life. I remembered my hatred for that voice and recognized the person she was.

"Who are you to question me in my own house?" I retorted.

Without uttering a word, she moved to her room-the room she was allotted in my house. I returned to my room with thoughts and rage swirling in my head. I needed a shower. After the shower, I lay on my bed, intending to sleep for the remaining time until morning. However, it became impossible. The thought of sleeping under the same roof as hers rendered me sleepless. More sleepless nights from now on.

Tiara's Pov

I entered my room, weary and not in the mood for arguments, yet a pile of work awaited me. Although our initial encounter left a bitter taste, his striking appearance possessed a certain charm that could sway anyone.

A man of undeniable allure, clad in a work suit, his dark, tousled hair framed a face that effortlessly commanded attention. Brown eyes sparkled with a penetrating gaze, and witnessing his confident homecoming surprised me, making me realize the power of his handsomeness in that moment.

Despite his captivating looks, his words had been impolite towards a guest, deepening my growing dislike for him. Attempting to shake off the awkward encounter and refocus on work proved challenging. Seeking solace, I opted to retreat to my bed for some much-needed sleep. As morning loomed, the more I rested, the less time I wasted on something or someone not truly important.

I woke up a bit late, greeted by the bright sun, only to realize it was Sunday - a day off to organize my room and relish the stay I had. While making my bed, Shri walked in and suggested I freshen up for breakfast in the dining hall downstairs. I readied myself for both the meal and the day, stepping out of my room. My eyes caught another door across the hall, not Shri's, and I breathed a sigh of relief, grateful for avoiding an encounter with someone I'd rather not interact with.

I headed to Shri's room, and upon knocking, there was no immediate response. As the door creaked open, I discovered the room vacant, except for the sound of water flowing from the bathroom, indicating Shri was in the midst of freshening up. When she finally emerged, refreshed, I teased her saying,
"Shri,You popped into my room, all cheerful, suggesting we grab breakfast together and you are still not ready,I didn't expected a whole spa break."
She just laughed and laughed, making the room feel full of joy.
"Get ready fast", I said, "I can't handle breakfast alone. Join me downstairs before I die from awkwardness" I said, making her roll her eyes playfully.

Heading downstairs, I found Anika aunty in the kitchen preparing breakfast. I sought permission to enter.

"Good morning, aunty. Can I come into the kitchen?"

"Good morning, beta. Of course, you're family. Do you want chai or coffee?"

"I'd prefer chai. Is everyone out somewhere? I woke up late today."

"No worries, dear. It's a typical Sunday routine."

"Ohhh. Let me help you, aunty, please. I am not that great around the kitchen, but I know things."

"I am glad to hear that, beta, but no, you don't have to trouble yourself. Take some rest; you have gone through a lot these days."

"Oh, I had enough rest, aunty. If you haven't started on anything yet, I can give it a shot. People say I make good poha, so I could try that. It's at least guaranteed to be edible," I chuckled.

Aunty smiled, "That sounds wonderful. If you're up for it, go ahead. I'll assist with the vegetables after finishing the chai."

"Thanks, aunty. I may not be a kitchen expert, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Plus, I could use this time to learn how to make the perfect chai from you."

"That's a great idea. I'll teach you while we work."

"Pehle logo ko toh pehchan na sikhlo (Learn to recognize people first)." A male voice came from near the kitchen door. The known male voice.

I looked back and saw the devil from the previous night. Dressed in nightwear, hair in an unruly manner, and eyes towards me with a sharp gaze. I understood that he was referring to the last night's encounter. He moved inside the kitchen while maintaining eye contact with me. I broke the contact and focused my view on the teapot.

"Kaise log? (What type of people?)" Aunty asked him.

"Nothing, maa. Do you have painkillers?" He inquired.

"Yes, in my room. Are you sick? Do you need some?"

"No, just a headache. Please get me some from your room."

Aunty hurried back towards her room, telling me to keep an eye on the chai.

He was heading towards a shelf with cups, picked up a coffee mug, and started making coffee near the coffee machine. Giving me his back to stare at.

I couldn't bear his rudeness anymore. I asked, "Do you have any issues with me?"

Suddenly, his body stiffened for a second and then relaxed. He turned towards me with the same gaze he had showered on me the previous night when he heard my voice-a gaze filled with anger and hatred. He didn't say anything, just stared at my face. Meanwhile, aunty entered the kitchen with the painkillers. He took them from her, looked at me for the last time, and left the kitchen with his coffee. My question remained unanswered, leaving my blood boiling with confusion and rage.

᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 💗
𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘆'𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆.
𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝘂𝘀 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁❗❗
𝗪𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁. 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗼𝗻 𝘂𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀. 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁.
𝗪𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘂𝗽𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝘆 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀.
𝗔𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺 @pihuwrites18 𝗯𝘆 𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗶𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗶𝗼 -- 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 !!!!!

𝑇𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑚𝑢𝑎ℎ❤