Chapter 26 - One way confessions

Tiara's Pov

I woke up at the right time but didn't get out of my room because it's Holi today. I never really liked this festival much. I didn't got to play Holi at home. I start looking for a white kurti because even if I try to avoid it I know I will not be able to do that for a long time. Aunty will call me anytime to have breakfast if I don't go by myself. I remember Shruti mentioning yesterday, that people gather at the house and celebrate it together. My anxiety level is already spiking. When will I learn to be fine around people? Oh God!! Suddenly I remember Akshit's pleading to go with him and him wishing me. The reminder calms my racing heart. But different types thoughts and doubts start swirling around my mind. I push them aside. 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺.

I find a white chikankari kurti and pair it with white Palazzos. After getting my outfit together I call Kiara to wish her. She picks up the call and says, "Finally you remember you have a sister. Thankyou God ji thankyou. Btw Happy Holi dii." Dramaqueen. I reply with, "Yesterday only you messaged me and called me few days ago. Well I called to wish you Happy Holi so happy Holi." She laughed and replied, "Fine witch. Happyyyyyyyyyy holiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Anyways I think mumma gonna call you soon. I asked her why and why not call today but she said she will call you later and I didn't need to know why. As usual. Meri koi izzat bhi hai iss Ghar me, huh (Do I even have any respect in this house, huh)."

The Tid bid anxiety I had earlier roared and turned into a full blown anxiety. I was not feeling like talking anymore so I say, "Wish them happy Holi from my side. I am hanging up." With that I cut the call, not letting Kiara finish. I sit on my bed as my stomach starts making knots and it starts paining, just like the other times. And my breathing starts getting shorter. A ache starts building in my chest and I feel like crying, panic gathering it's strength from my weaknesses. She doesn't call until it's really very important. I don't talk to them much and I don't want to, not now, not ever. Everything feels like too much and too heavy. I curl upto my bed, trying to stop the pain.

Suddenly a knock startles me. I was holding my stomach to stop the building pain. My feets felt heavy and my head was paining too. I wasn't feeling like leaving the bed but the another knock sounded on the door. I stand up and look into the mirror to find my eyes moist with tears and I was sweating. I wipe my eyes with the back of my hands and walk towards the door to answer.

After opening the door I find the most unexpected person standing there with a bright smile - Akshit. He quickly wishes me happy Holi after I open the door. He was dressed in a white kurta. His hairs fixed and he had a clean look, yet. He looks towards me, his gaze changing from one of brighteness to concern. He deeply looks into my eyes, trying to figure out something.

I quickly look towards the ground and wishes him the same to close the door. But he stops me with a hand on the door while he questions, "What happened?" I reply with a nothing. He insists, "Tell me what happened, Tiara. And don't lie." I shook my head and say, "Really nothing. Everything is fine. See," I forcefully smile towards him like a teen, trying to hide their wounds. He narrows his eyes on me and says, "I am not leaving until you confess what happened." In that moment his stubbornness didn't made me feel annoyed but it broke me down a little and my smile falters.

My eyes starts to tear up and he suddenly pushes me inside the room and closes door. I launch myself at him and hugs him. For a second he doesn't hugs me back and I tense. But then he hugs me tightly and stays silence. My eyes starts tearing up with a rush. My eyes wetting his kurta. My face on his chest and his on my shoulder. My tears doesn't stop but I don't feel like stopping them. I feel so safe and relieved in the moment. The knots on my stomach loosing, my breathing getting on a even pace. I take all the time of the world and hug this beautiful beautiful man.