Chapter 18 - Warnings

Tiara's Pov

Hearing his tone of voice, I decided not to say anything anymore. And this was the first time he called me by my full name, Tiara, and it was with rage. Why does Akshit have to intervene in the middle? Why was he ordering me around? What does he think of himself? The matter could've been nothing at all but he had to make it big. I don't know what will nitin make out of it especially in the office, the fucker will mould it into something else.

Shruti said, concern latched in her voice, "You okay, Tia? Don't think too much; everything is fine now." I then asked Aarav, "Aarav, can you drop me home on your bike?" Then Akshit said, "Just get in the car Tiara; I will drive us home." Feeling frustrated, I asked Aarav again to drop me, but Akshit intervened, "Just get into the car, damn it, for god's sake." Irritated, I asked, "What is your problem?" He replied, "You are my problem."

I was really getting angry, but I didn't wanted to escalate it further, so I got into the car. Everyone else left with dhruv bhaiyya while me and Shruti with him. Aarav then reminded Akshit to stay calm and took his bike, riding off. The car ride was dead silent; Shruti was looking at me, reassuring me through her eyes. Finally, we reached home.

As we got inside, aunty saw us and came towards us running. She asked, "What happened, Akshit? Why do you look like this? And what happened to your hand? Why is it bleeding?" Shruti explained, "Mom, don't worry. Some guy was harassing Tiara, and bhai handled the situation." Aunty looked at me with concern and asked, "Beta, are you okay? Are you sure you're okay?" I assured her, "Yes, aunty, I'm fine. I will just go to my room and get fresh." Aunty replied, "Okay, beta, go and take some rest. If you need something, just call me, okay?" Then aunty looked at Akshit and said, "Akshu, you come here. You also take some rest, and I am coming with the first aid, also Beta, be careful from next time. I know you did a good job, but still, you should be careful."

Hearing this, I quickly reached my room and went inside. In my room, just one thing was roaming in my head: His audacity was astonishing. He was pouring his anger onto me, and I was utterly frustrated. I consoled myself, saying, "Breathe, Tiara, just breathe," and then went for a relaxing bath.

Coming out, I yearned for some fresh air, so I walked down towards the garden and saw Dadu there. I asked, "What are you doing here, Dadu?" Dadu replied, "See, Kanhaiyaa doesn't even clean the garden properly, nor does he cut the grasses properly." I said, "Dadu, Kaka works so much; he might get tired. Let me do it, Dadu." Dadu said, "Why would you do it? You go sit and relax." I insisted, "Dadu, let me atleast water the plants." Dadu finally agreed, saying, "Okay, okay, you can do this."

We both laughed, and then Dadu asked, "Did something happen today? I heard something in the hallway. Are you okay, beta?" I replied, "Yes, yes, Dadu, I'm fine. Just your grandson and his hanger issues. I appreciate him doing this but now a bigger problem is awaiting for me." Dadu chuckled, "Ah, beta, Yadav's blood flows in his body, ofcourse he is a hot head. Also saving a woman in trouble is important." I sighed, "It's good, Dadu, but sometimes it feels like he's just extreme. Also, he fights with me so much." Dadu started laughing. Confused, I asked, "Dadu, why are you laughing?" He just smiled and said, "Nothing, beta." Feeling confused, I said, "Dadu, now you're also confusing me. I'm done with watering the plants; I am leaving." Then, I headed towards my room.

In the balcony, I saw Akshit standing, gazing at his bandaged hands. Hearing footsteps, he looked at me. Immediately, I ignored him and went into my room, murmuring, "I don't care."

Akshit's Pov

As I stormed into my room, frustration bubbled within me like a pot ready to boil over. Nitin holding her hands flashed in my mind, igniting a fire of anger. He have done this several times? The mere thought churned my stomach, but then I caught myself, realizing the intensity of my words moments ago. Taking a step back, I sighed heavily. "What was that?" I muttered to myself, frustration evident in my voice. "I can't keep my mind away from her. It's getting serious now."